Just over a week ago on Wednesday, September 28th we had the chance to go to the temple open house for the Star Valley Wyoming temple that is in Afton, Wyoming, two hours away. It was an absolutely beautiful drive especially with all of the fall colors. The temple itself is just outside the tiny town of Afton and is the smallest temple I think I have ever seen! The tour started in the meetinghouse just down the road with watching a short video and then taking a bus to the temple. It was a bit crazy juggling all of the kids. I had one baby in the baby bjorn, Steve carried the other baby and then we had to try to hold Kaley's hand all while giving the babies bottles and changing a couple poorly timed poopy diapers. Preston and Abby were great! The tour of the temple itself was so quick because it really was so tiny, but that was probably for the best with our group! It was really pretty and I loved that we were able to show Preston and Abby the inside of the temple and talk about some of the things that happen there. I hope it is something that they remember.

 |
| I can't believe they are all mine! |
After we were all done and took some pictures we went to a cute drive-in diner down the road. The weather was absolutely perfect that day so we made our own picnic on a patch of grass in the back. It was great. The drive home was pretty too but of course we ended up with some crying from the babies for the last 30-45 minutes. Not a great end to our day but considering this was our biggest outing/adventure with our whole family that was to be expected. It was a wonderful day as a family of 7!
No comments:
Post a Comment