I not very good with New Year resolutions. I don't usually make them and if I do they are broken quickly. I've learned that, for me, if I want to make some changes I need to do it slowly and be kind to myself. If I make a resolution like eating no sugar or working out everyday, I won't ever be able to keep that and will fail quickly. Instead I am trying to make small adjustments that I'm hoping will make me healthier and happier. For example: cutting out regular soda (at least at home), cutting back on eating out, exercising more (possibly training for another 10k or other race in the spring?), and not eating late at night. If I don't keep all of these all the time I'm not going to beat myself up about it but try to be positive about the little things I am doing right. It's worth a try, right?! I also have some goals about attending the temple more frequently and trying to be a better mother. It seems like that's what life is all about, trying to be better but sometimes that seems easier than other times.
I'm starting the year with a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old and look forward to watching them continue to grow and learn. A year is such a big difference in kids this young but it always seems to go by so quickly. I am really enjoying my little family of 4 right now. In Idaho, it seems, you either have to be pregnant or have a newborn, and if you don't you are quickly asked if you are ready for another one. When a couple friends of mine got pregnant in the summer and people started asking me if I was next, I started to feel weird and almost guilty that we aren't ready for #3 yet. That's not to say we don't want another or that a baby wouldn't be a blessing whenever it came along because it would of course. I was just able to learn a lesson of enjoying the phase of life you are in at the moment. Just because many around here pop out kids like crazy doesn't mean we have to or that's what is best for us. I feel like we have our hands pretty full with these 2 kiddos and loving that I can give both of them all of my attention. I'm enjoying the sluggish mornings, cuddling on the couch, and lots and lots play time on the floor. I'm sure we will add to our family when we are ready (or when Heavenly Father feels we're ready) but either way, it will be right for our family. But for now I will just continue to love on my family as much as I can!
We spent the first days of the new year with absolutely freezing temperatures, literally. The high temps have been in the teens (only 10 degrees one day) and the lows go into the negatives with the "feels like" temps down to -20. What?!? I can't believe we live here. Even though it was only 5 degrees, we ventured outside because Preston was desperate to play in it. We didn't last long but still fun to play in it a little bit. Funny that is was so cold that it wasn't good snow for snowballs or snowmen, it was too powdery that it couldn't be packed at all. I still find it weird that I'm learning so much about snow!
Here's to an awesome 2013!
1 comment:
sorry I've been lame about commenting- just know I'm always reading (I have an app for that).
I would have super freaked out to watch my kid fall that far- yikes! Glad the little miss is okay.
Looks like a fun vacation/time with family. I love that cousins get to be friends- something that I didn't have growing up since we lived so far from everyone.
Oh, and I was totally in the same place about having a third. It took a LONG time to be ready. I got to a place where 2 was finally easy and fun, and I was worried to mix it all up. Even during my pregnancy I was more scared about messing up a good thing than excited. That sounds bad, I know, but it's truthful. Now our Megan is here and it's great. Crazy? You bet, but wonderful too. Don't rush babies. I think it's better to enjoy each one than squish them all in together. It's different when your older or want a dozen, but other wise, take it one baby at a time. It would be ideal to have one in school before having a third...
I think I'm caught up on my comments. Happy New Year!
Post a Comment