Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Fun in the sun...

Yes, the kids and I went to Arizona again.  We might have a little problem staying away.  To my defense, my parents saw our negative temps at the beginning of January and felt the need to rescue me and help me defrost.  Not to mention we left here on one of the worst snow days we've had this winter.  I was worried the flight might be canceled, and even though we were delayed almost 2 hours, we were still able to make it there ok.  We were there for one week and of course we were able to do some fun things while there and fun to do things that we either don't have here or can't do here at the moment.  The run down: a stop at the Disney Store, Peter Piper Pizza, Pump it Up inflatable place, 2 different parks, Dunkin Donuts, In and Out, visiting the construction site of the Phoenix Temple, Enchanted Island amusement park, girls shopping, boys to the movies, and lots of relaxing in the sunshine... like I said, fun all around.  The only thing that would've made it better was if Steve got to be there too, but he had to stay home and work, sad face.

Such a fun place and Abby had no fear whatsoever, going down the  biggest  slides with me over and over again.  I even got scrapes/burns on both of my elbows rubbing against the slides all the way down.  The perks of being a mom, doing fun things like this!


She wasn't sure how to go about eating her doughnut.

This new temple is about 15 minutes away from my parents.  So exciting that they'll have one so close.  This temple faced a lot of conflict and opposition from some of the neighbors and people in the community thinking it would bring too much traffic and be bad for the neighborhood, which is funny because there is a big water park down the street.  So it's nice to finally see it under construction and show it to Preston and get him excited about it.



My parents have a cotton plant (not sure why!) and the kids loved picking the cotton.

Enchanted Island, a little amusement park in Phoenix.  It was a gorgeous day and since it was Friday there was barely anyone there which was awesome for us.  There were like 8 different carnival rides that Preston was able to go on and then a carousel and a little train that we got to take turns taking the kids on.  It was so much fun and I think we all had a great day!
How sweet is this?!?









Front seat and arms up, way to go buddy!

The week went by way to fast and it's hard to come back to come back to real life (and the cold) but we were all sure happy to see Steve and be home again.

As a little side note... one of the fun things about visiting my parents is that we all sleep in the same room, Preston in the bed with me and Abby in the pack 'n play.  Now, at home I am all about our kids sleeping in there own beds in there own rooms.  But every once in awhile (like visiting my parents') it's nice to snuggle up to Preston all night and hear Abby sleeping nearby.  It definitely helps me remember how truly blessed I am to have these two little ones.  I have the best job in the whole world to be their mom and I absolutely love it.  I really am so blessed!!

No comments: