Just some random pics...
| Found Preston like this at the end of "quiet" time. |
| I guess someone was tired! |
| My Batman Boys!! Love these two so, so much! |
Our little Abby Jean is finally deciding to talk a little. We've actually been pretty worried about her not talking for awhile. We had her ears checked at 18 months and they were fine and her doctor actually referred her to speech therapy but we decided to hold off until her second birthday to watch for progress. In just the the past couple weeks she's gone from saying 3 or 4 words to a little more than 10. Her vocabulary includes: Mommy, Daddy, hi, doggie (dodgie), jackie (jadgie), that one, 'kay, broken (go-ken), thank you (kank you), yucky (gucky), batman (mat-man), cold (coh - which also means closed), and shoes. She can also kind of say "I want one" where it sounds just like it but you can't decipher the words, and she also has a nickname for her blanket "ki-ki". Update: after posting this I realized that there are more words that she says that I want to document for my own benefit. She also says: ow, wow, oh, hey, uh-oh, show, coloring (cun-un-ing), mine, and no. For a couple of months there we weren't seeing much progress with her speech so it feels good to finally see some. I'm hoping that by her birthday she'll be where she is supposed to be, I think she will.
In other random news... I got called to the Primary presidency as the 2nd counselor. I've always served in the primary so it's not too scary of a new calling just an adjustment. The funny thing is that the primary presidency is cursed and everyone in it either gets pregnant, moves, or both including the president who had #6 a month ago and the 1st counselor having #3 in a couple weeks. There have been 4 pregnancies and 4 moves. The whole ward pretty much knows about it so everyone has been giving us a hard time about expecting #3 soon. We laugh and tell them if that's the case than the ward better be prepared to pay the medical expenses and help out! Should be a fun, new challenge!
2 comments:
OMG!!! how fun to be in the presidency!!! and that is hilarious about the pregnancies. it's always a good thing!!! hope you enjoy your new calling.
ps. thanks for your words of comfort regarding the house. I am praying that there is a reason!! thanks girl
haha... we can relate on the medical expenses! So glad to hear from you guys, sounds like you had a blast!
Post a Comment