Thursday, October 3, 2013

Family update...

It's been a little while since I did a little update on us... let's see...

Steve is working hard at the bank 4 or 5 days a week.  He's still on the hunt for a new (career type) job.  Unfortunately that's a tough thing.  There just isn't that many jobs out there and we lack the connections that seem to be so important in landing a new job.  He's got a couple of things that we'll just have to wait and see.  We're looking almost anywhere and are willing to move and do what we need to for a job and the future of our little family.  We have a lot of faith and trust in the Lord that he'll direct us where we need to go.  The uncertainty of the what and where of our future is definitely scary and can give me anxiety if I think about it too much.  But like most things in life it doesn't fix the problem to be stressed out and grumpy about it all the time so I'm trying my best just to focus on what I can control (which at the moment doesn't seem to be the mess in my house, can't seem to keep on top of that lately!!).  We'll just keep pushing forward!

The kids are keeping me super busy of course.  Other than that I've been keeping myself busy with redecorating our master bedroom and a few projects coming up like a Halloween wreath and making Abby's Halloween costume and super Saturday for my ward that I'm helping with.  Other than that I'm pretty boring and I actually am feeling super lazy with the onset of the cold weather.  All I want to do is curl up in a blanket and watch movies!

Preston is ever our energetic crazy boy!  He always asks, "What are we going to do today?" "What fun thing are we going to do?"  He always likes to be on the go.  He's loving going to preschool and is excited each time he gets to go.  I think it's good for him to be going 3 days a week.  Preston is our stubborn and over emotional child which is something we struggle with and are continually learning how to work with him.  With that being said, he really is such a sweetheart.  He has really come to love music and singing lately and likes to make up his own songs, especially for his sister.  He has a great imagination when he plays and is so creative.  He just started playing soccer and is doing great and really enjoying it.  He's great at telling me he loves me and is even sweeter to Abby.  He is always watching out for her and wanting to play with her.  They are quite the team!!

Abby is our sassy two year old!  She is so sweet and happy and get many comments on how happy and cute she is.  She is definitely a two year old though and throws full blown tantrums and gets mad and lets us know about it.  She is talking up a storm and using sentences and even tries to tell us stories.  She knows all of her colors (which is funny to us because Preston never cared about colors and was over 3 before everything wasn't just blue) and is now learning her animals and sounds.  She loves all things pink and purple.  She is very detailed oriented and loves to put things in little bags and organize things.  She loves her big brother so much and calls him "fuffy" and now sometimes calls him "feson" although we like Fuffy better.  She's a giggly little girl that is definitely tough and independent and loves to say "I do it." or "Abby do it."  As Preston sings in one of his songs, "We love our little Abby!"

We're just trying to keep busy and out of trouble and bracing for a long winter being stuck inside... time to search pinterest for some ideas!!

No comments: