The decor in our room has pretty much been the same our whole marriage. All black frames and dark colors. I decided a few months ago that I was over it. The decor in our family and kitchen are similarly dark colors and I was ready for something lighter and fresher. I was immediately drawn to grey, aqua blue, and yellow and started looking for pieces. I knew I wanted to do a gallery type wall that I've seen a lot on pinterest lately and more of a shabby chic look. It's a huge change from the 5 vertical black frames that were above our bed before and it's kind of an adjustment but everywhere I turn there are pieces that I'm in love with and it makes me smile when I walk in the room... I'd say that's a success. I still haven't found the right bedding, looking for something pretty simple and grey but bedding is usually ornate and expensive so I'll keep looking for now. With only having white walls since we're renting I feel like everything else needs to be a color that's not white. Another goal of mine for this was to make it more personal. There's a lot more decor elements but there's also a lot more that it personal to us which I love. It's been a fun project and excited to finally have it (mostly) done!
| Saying I saw in another store but didn't like the way it looked. Had this custom made by a friend in Tucson who makes vinyl signs. Love, love it and sums up our marriage I think. |
| What Steve calls me "Love of my Life" or LOML for short with the dates of our anniversary and children's birthdays. |
| Frame I got from a cute wood store that just opened. This is the 4th shade of blue I painted on it to get it just right. |
| Frame that came with the other one with our Mickey/Minnie pic we got on our Honeymoon to Disneyworld. Dresser looks awesome, right?!? |
| I spray painted our white shelves and roughed them up a bit. Love the round teal frame (also from my fave store). |
| New end table, once again from Morgan's Emporium (see what I'm saying?) and got it for a great deal. |
No comments:
Post a Comment