Saturday, October 11, 2014

Another project...

I took a break from any big (and even small) projects when Kaley was born but I was anxious to finally get to this project.  I had told my mom in the spring that I wanted to find an old dresser or something to refinish for a new tv console.  Shortly after that my mom's friend was getting rid of some furniture and my mom found a piece she thought would work for us.  They held onto it for us and then my dad drove it up when he came up to see Kaley.  It had just been sitting in our garage and I was glad to get to it (although projects take a lot longer with a demanding baby, lol!).

This buffet/dresser really was a beautiful piece so I was nervous because I wanted to make sure I did it justice.  I decided to stain the top which was the first time I've ever stained anything!  Steve built a shelf where the top drawer was for our dvd player and cable box.  I primed and painted the rest... I wasn't thrilled with how the blue turned out at first so I sanded the edges and then used a stain on top to give it a distressed look.  I also spray painted the hardware.  We were so excited to finally bring it in and have it done.  I'm thrilled with the results!!

Before (the drawer had been built and I had already sanded the top):

The tv console we had before:

The new one!!

We've since put a couple baskets underneath so that you can't see the cords.

No comments: