Monday, January 12, 2015

Sundays...

I've been thinking about Sundays.  They can be such a toss-up of a day, sometimes stressful with meetings, church, and cranky/restless kids and other times just an awesome family day.  This past Sunday was one of the good ones.  We have 9 o'clock church this year which is always tricky and definitely requires preparation Saturday night to get the church bag, diaper bag, and church clothes all ready as well as baths for all the kids.  On top of the early church time, twice a month Steve has meetings before church at 7am (yikes!) which leaves me to get the kids ready by myself.  This was the first Sunday having to do this and was so proud of the kids and I when we were all set to go by 8:45 when Steve comes home to help us at the end and we head to church.  I spent most of sacrament meeting with Preston of my lap giving me tons of love and cuddles (we was extra tired and love-y) and I tried to soak it all up.  I loved that when Steve helped bless the sacrament (we sit in the bench right behind the deacons, so he gets the opportunity to help often) the kids eyes popped wide open and had the biggest smiles on their faces when they heard their daddy's voice.  I don't often get to go to my classes, or at least only for a little bit, with a baby that doesn't love church.  Sometimes it's easy to get frustrated about getting all ready and dressed just to spend most of the time in the halls.  Even still I know that's where I'm supposed to be... you definitely still get points for just being there, even if it's just in the hall!  The kids might not always be excited to go to church, but I love that it is a constant in their lives (and our lives of course).  They never have to question how we spend our Sundays and know that going to church is our priority.  Abby is a Sunbeam this year and she was so excited to go to primary with all of the other "big" kids and she did so well.  The primary chorister told me that she loves to sing the songs.  Love that sweet girl!

The rest of the day was spent in comfy clothes, snow falling outside, and cooking because we had a mini Thanksgiving dinner using some food we had been given before Christmas.  The kids played, we watched a movie together, Steve and the kids played Go Fish which we just got and they love and Steve and Preston went to help clear snow at the church.  Love that my boys are so willing to serve and help, Preston is always such a big help.  I love this little family of mine.  I love days like that, that remind me of what is really important and we can just enjoy being together.  

No comments: