Our anniversary was on Dec. 18th, 11 years!! As part of our anniversary we got to go to the opening night of Star Wars: The Force Awakens on Thursday Dec. 17th. This is something Steve has been looking forward to for like 2 years so the countdown was on and he was so dang excited it was finally time. Steve went extra early to wait in line and after dinner our babysitter Taisha came so I could meet up with Steve. The kids absolutely love her and are sad that she can't come more often. We realized that we hadn't had a date night since May so we were definitely over due! I may have married into being a Star Wars fan but the movie was absolutely awesome and the excitement in the theater made it so much fun with cheers, clapping and gasps. Steve kept apologizing that our anniversary date was Star Wars but I kept telling him that we got to be together doing something that he LOVES and it really was so much fun! My stress and emotion levels have been so high lately that a night like that was exactly what I needed.
Steve loved the movie so much that when we got done at 10:30pm he got a ticket for the 11:20pm showing and stayed to watch it again. Seriously, I loved his excitement. Steve has been, of course, very stressed also so it was so nice to see him enjoy himself so much. Preston is obsessed with all things Star Wars right now. He's been excited about the new movie too but he knew that we needed to see it first to decide if he could (it is PG-13 after all). It is definitely intense in some scenes and a little scary in parts. It's definitely on the border of what we would let Preston see. Had it been any random movie the answer would of course been no, but since it is Star Wars, something he is so familiar with we decided to let him see it (with some prepping from us of course).
Steve surprised Preston with going to the movie Friday afternoon (the 18th) and since the boys were going to do something fun the girls decided to go somewhere too. We had gotten a gift card for Olive Garden gift card and since $25 is not enough for our whole family there and we can't get a babysitter again for just us to go, we decided to have just a girls' dinner. Something we have never done before. All the girls dressed nicely and had a super yummy dinner. Both girls did great and it was really so nice. We laughed that we spent our actual anniversary apart but we were ok!
I really love Steve so much. He is always there for me and has been such a big help to me lately when I've needed it. With this unemployment Steve has been home so much more than most husbands/fathers, definitely a blessing in disguise. I love that he is such a present/hands on dad to our kiddos. They love him so much and miss him every time he is gone. We have also been fine spending so much time together (which I'm not sure every couple would be). When he gets a job, hopefully very soon, I am really going to miss spending so much time with him. So blessed to have him, so blessed to have been married in the temple, so blessed to have our kids, and just so blessed to get to do it all together.
No comments:
Post a Comment