Saturday, December 22, 2007

Changes Around the House!

We've been able to make some changes around here. It fun to see the things that we buy and do, change the look of our house and make it our own, slowly but surely.

We bought this really cute foyer table on sale at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It came with two decorative lamps that we decided looked really good in our bedroom. I also need to mention that I put this together all by myself! Steve didn't think I could do it, but I did!

We also bought a new kitchen table. We went to Sam Levitz looking for a living room couch, and ended up finding this table at a $350 discount! It has a leaf and came with 6 chairs. It's a tiny bit darker than our cabinets, but we absolutely love it! We feel like we actually have a grown up table!

It's been a busy week, because we also had someone come and trim our trees, and actually remove one of them. Since before we even moved in, the super over-grown trees have really bothered us. We hated that when people saw our house, they only saw trees. Steve was going to try to trim them himself, but we just don't have the tools, experience, or a truck to haul the stuff away. It was much easier to have someone else do it. It turned out to be a big, messy job, so it was really good that we weren't the ones to do it. We were excited to finally get this done and we are soooo happy with the results. You can actually see our house now!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, the table looks great! And I love the dining room table. It's a very pretty color. If you find some sofas at a good price let me know. We're going to sell Mike's motorcycle so we can buy new couches. YEAH!!! And I didn't have to coerce him or anything:)

Mom Urbancic said...

We really like the new table and chairs! It looks good in the space. I couldn't believe the change in the front of the house. I said "Whoa!" so loud, Dad asked what was wrong. It really is a remarkable difference and looks terrific!