Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Or Not...


Steve started his new job last week and as many of you know already, it didn't go so well. He worked 12-13 hours everyday and it was just a bad situation all around. The company turned out to be pretty shady as a lot of the things they had told Steve in his interviews turned out to be false. Steve also found out the company's financial situation is pretty scary and they have credit holds on all of their accounts. Pretty hard to run a business with no money! This company also had crazy expectations of Steve to work non-stop every day of the week and be able to accomplish ridiculous amounts of work with no knowledge or help whatsoever. All of this created overwhelming amounts of stress and anxiety for Steve. What made it even worse was that Steve knew that this situation wasn't going to get any better and if anything it was only going to get worse really quick.

We made the tough decision on Saturday for him to resign. We feel it was the best choice for Steve and our family for him to get out of that horrible situation and just move on. Steve is now unemployed which is a really scary place to be. We're still in shock and disbelief that all of that happened last week but we're ready for this next chapter in our lives and just ready to move on. We're so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends that have already rallied around us to show their love and support. We really appreciate all of the calls emails and messages from everyone! Life is crazy sometimes and we are just trying to find the lessons we are supposed to learn through these sometimes difficult trials. We have faith and hope that something good will come out of all of this and hopefully it will come soon!

6 comments:

Leann said...

ugh! I will keep you guys in my prayers!

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

yeah! I second the doh and ugh! Hang in there!

Kara said...

How horrible! I'm glad he got out of that situation fast. I hope Steve finds something soon and you won't have to worry or struggle too long. We'll be praying for you guys!

Carrie said...

A lot of times these situations happen and people endup finding a job that is better and higher paying than what they had! There is something great that will come out of it! Just keep the faith! We are pulling for you guys.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, but I think it's good he resigned. That sounds absolutely ridiculous! And now he'll have the time to focus on finding the job that's meant to be, as well as be able to keep his sanity. Best wishes, and let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Jenn and Kylann said...

I feel for you. We've been there. I'm so sorry, girl. We will definitely keep you in our prayers....Be sure to look into unemployment, food stamps and WIC. It's a huge help in times like these.