Two weeks ago I went from part time at work to full time (like 10 hours a day full time!!). It's been quite an adjustment to have to set an alarm and wake up so early and it's weird to be out of the house that long everyday but I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to make a little money for our family right now. This past week was especially long with one part-time employee quiting without notice and two other co-workers calling in sick on Thursday. We ended up with 14 kids (ages 6 months - 2 and a half) in one house with me, my boss, and her husband who had to take a day off work in order to help us out. It was CRAZY!! And no joke, the kids ended up having McDonald's for lunch because there was no way we were going to be able to cook something else. I'm just happy I survived the week and I'm crossing my fingers this week is a little calmer.
Preston is still getting over being sick, poor guy. Thanks to him coming to work with me at the day care, he catches everything!! He got sick with a fever, cough, and all of that last Saturday and even though the fever went away pretty quickly, everything else seemed to stick around. After all week of this Steve took him to the doctor and he has Bronchitis and an ear infection. So he's on another round of antibiotics (his 4th since the beginning of December) and an inhaler. Even though he's "sick" he never acts sick and he still just goes and goes and goes. The doctor said that he's just the kind of kid that doesn't let anything slow him down... so true!
With P being sick this week, Steve was on Mr. Mom duty while I was at work, and man is he good at it! He did all of the laundry, dishes, and cleaning and even cooked dinner almost every night! And after my terrible day on Thursday, I came home to Dr. Pepper and Rees's peanut butter cups, so sweet and exactly what I needed! Even though he's so good at it, he's ready to go back to work in a heartbeat and is still on the job hunt. Lots of prayers around here and hopefully they will be answered soon!
Sometimes this is what happens when Daddy gets Preston dressed!
5 comments:
Your hair looks great Amy! And we are keeping Steve in our prayers too. :)
Love that you guys are doing what you can and trying to keep your spirits up!
Good to hear that Preston is feeling better.
Know that you are in Prayers over in Vegas too.
I too love the new 'do Amy... looks good, as always!
You should have called me! I would have been glad to help out if they allowed me to. Actually I would definitely be interested in that part-time opening if this little guy wasn't coming in two months. When does she want to fill it?
I love your hair cut, it looks great! Sorry Preston is so sick, that's rough!
Your hair is darling, it took years off, you look 19! I want to look 19. Sorry P is sick, try to get some rest and relaxation, a round of that for everyone.
Post a Comment