Preston got Bronchilitis about a month ago and it had subsided but then came back a couple weeks ago. We went to the doctor for his 15 month appointment and came home with a slew of prescriptions, including a nebulizer. It was definitely not so easy to have our child sit still for 10 minutes, two times a day, but he did ok, and now his cough is completely gone!! Here's our little Darth Vader:
If you haven't noticed, P LOVES brooms and our joke is that he's going to be a janitor. So the other night he pulled a dish cloth off the counter and walked right over to his chair and started to clean it. We've never cleaned his chair like that so it was too funny. He was laughing, smiling and having the greatest time cleaning it!! Oh our little janitor!
Preston climbed out of his crib for the first time last week (really P? 15 months? You couldn't wait a little bit longer?!). I got a frantic text from Steve saying, "What do we do?!?" And I didn't have an answer! We had some friends who said to put him in a bed, but knowing our crazy boy, I know it would be a couple months of battling him staying in his bed. But we couldn't just leave it and risk him getting hurt. So Walmart.com came to the rescue and we purchased a crib tent. It looks funny and I was afraid he'd be too distracted by it to sleep, but he's surprised us and done great! (Do you see him lifting his leg like he's still trying to get out?)
5 comments:
you should let him climb out. that way he can start cleaning your house for you :)
Preston is so cute!
Wow! We have had Alissa in a big bed now since she was about two and she never once climbed out of her crib. She has never even climbed out of her normal bed. She just wakes up in the morning and calls "mom!" until I come and get her.
I've heard that kids can use the bumpers to climb out of the crib, because they add just enough volume for them to step on and get a leg up. Did he do that or just use friction to go up the bars? I'm hoping we won't have such a thing in our house for sure!
Love the tent... I am sure he will be totally ready for camping this summer!
Ha! Natalie just figured out the "climbing out of her crib" thing. No bueno! How do you like your tent? I'd read some less-than-favorable reviews on Amazon (related to quality - particularly the zipper). Has yours held up well?
Post a Comment