Since I was already packed and ready to go and planning on going to Phoenix anyways, Preston and I headed up to hang out with my parents for the weekend to let Steve recover in peace at home. Oh and when he went to urgent care they said he had Acute Bronchitis, poor Steve was so sick! P and I ended up having a great weekend with my parents. I was able to go to the temple, go shopping with my mom, and relax while Preston played outside, helped grandpa with some yard work, and was just super cute.
You can kind of see my new super cute haircut in this picture! I promise to post a picture soon!
He was all about this stinky face!

There was some great timing in this as well because my parents had stake conference and their special guest was none other than Robert D. Hales, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles!! My mom had a cold and wasn't feeling too great on Saturday night, so I was able to go to the adult session with my dad. The place was packed but it was amazing. This was the first time I had seen an apostle in person and the spirit was just so strong in that room. He gave a wonderful talk about remembering who we truly are and the power that holds. It was definitely the testimony booster I was in need of! We went to the Sunday session, but since Preston came for that one, I spent a lot of the time in the hallway with an extra grumpy little boy. I missed most of the talks, but I'm grateful that I had the chance to go on Saturday.
The weekend was definitely not what it was supposed to be... spending it with my parents is not my idea of a romantic getaway, but I'm happy it ended up being so good and that I have such great family. Steve was able to get the rest he needed and is finally feeling much better!
2 comments:
Wow, what a cool experience to be able to hear one of the apostles speak in a more intimate setting than the conference hall. Glad you are feeling better Steve!
I am LOVING your hair!!! You may inspire me to do the same. We shall see. Get 100% better Steve!
Post a Comment