Sunday, May 16, 2010

Carrie, we love you!

Not going to lie, this past week was kind of a rough one around our house, but it ended in the best way possible... the Carrie Underwood concert!! Thanks to some birthday money for Steve, we were able to go and we were so excited! We've been to two of her concerts already in Tucson and Phoenix, the last one being a few weeks before Preston was born, so about 18 months ago.

We didn't have as good of seats as the last Tucson show, but it was still awesome. There were two opening acts: Sons of Sylvia (who we absolutely hated, but thankfully they didn't play very long), and Craig Morgan who put on an awesome, pure country show. We loved him!

Then it was time for Carrie Underwood! She put on a great show and the crowd was pretty good. We both left with raspy voices from all the singing and screaming that we did!

At one point she came out on a truck that they lifted above the crowd and went around in a U shape. It was so cool!


My favorite part of the her concert was when she was performing one of her first big hits, "Jesus Take the Wheel." At the end of the song she went into singing the song (or should I say hymn) "How Great Thou Art." It was beautiful! In today's society where it's considered to be taboo to talk about or even mention God or religion (at work, in schools, etc.) I just really appreciate that it's ok and actually really common in country music, one of the many reasons why I've come to love country music over the past few years. She received a standing ovation, myself included, after she performed that.

Steve showing how much fun he had!

It was an awesome night, topped off by the fact that Preston did great for his first real babysitter. I was a little nervous since the only ones to watch him have been family, but he did great and now we know that it's something that we could do again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day I'll get to see her in concert! I'm not bitter or anything :)

Carrie said...

I bet she puts on a real show. I'll have to live vicariously on youtube until I see her in concert. :)