Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Nursery... Finally!!

Preston was finally old enough to go to nursery at church. We've been counting down the Sundays since we feel like all we've been doing is roaming the halls for months (yes, the hallways still count as going to church but there's no lesson out there!). We weren't worried about this guy and he proved us right. I resisted the urge to check on him every other minute (I only checked twice!), but he did great! Only a couple tears were shed by him and he just had so much fun! My baby is growing up... I know I'm going to be saying that for years to come!

18 months already! I know I just posted about this guy last month, so I don't feel like I have much to update about him except for his vocabulary. Last month he really only used 2 words but about 3 weeks after we had his tubes put in his vocabulary blew up and literally quadrupled! Here's what he's saying now: Dada, Mama, Doggie, "Ja-dgie" (Jackie), "Bu-bhal" (bubble & apple), "chee" (please & cheese), Hi, Bye-bye, Mah (milk), Ea (eat), Nigh-nigh, and of course outside. I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting, it's just awesome that he's able to start telling us things now. I know I'm the mom and not everyone might care, but oh well!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah nursery, one of the happiest days of ones life :)

Jenn and Kylann said...

Isn't it great?! Just wait until he hits two! Chase seems to really be picking up on words lately. It'll be fun once he's actually saying full sentences. I'm glad he's finally in nursery. Church is actually worthwhile now, huh? lol