That night we went to dinner and left Preston at home with a babysitter so we could go to the local musical/comedy theater, the Gaslight Theater. They did "Space Wars," a spoof on "Star Wars" which was right up Steve's ally. It was hilarious and we had a great time!!
On the 4th, I actually woke up to a horrible stomach bug (thanks to day care germs!!), which was really awful. Thankfully I was able to feel better by that evening so we could head down to Sierra Vista like Steve and I did last year. We ended up in the same place which was a great spot for the fireworks. We were excited to see how P would do, but he totally freaked out when they fired a couple test fireworks. He held on super tight to Steve and I and didn't want to look at all. Poor guy looked so sad. We think it was the fact that it was super loud that scared him. After about 10 minutes he started saying "Boom, boom" over and over like he was talking himself though it, it was so cute! We even got him to look a few times too. The fireworks were awesome and we all enjoyed them so much!!
It was such a great weekend with my Mom and Dad and Preston made a new best friend with his Grandma. They played cars, read books, and played chase non-stop. I'm sure Grandma was worn out after their visit, but Preston was sad to see his playmate go. It was just so sweet to watch them play and play and play. Thanks to them for such a great time!
1 comment:
Sounds like a great weekend! We have tickets to see that show at Gaslight too, so I'm excited to hear the good review :)
Post a Comment