Sunday, October 24, 2010

Farewell Tucson Tour...

A few weeks ago we decided to go on a farewell tour of Tucson. We wanted to visit some of the places we've lived and had great memories. It was fun but a little weird knowing it would most likely be the last time we'd see some of these places. So here's some of our walk down memory lane...

Steve's house that he moved to when he was 13 and his family moved away in 2001.

Sabino High School, where Steve graduated.

The door to my dorm at U of A. If I hadn't come down to school in Tucson, I'd never have met Steve, so it was meant to be! There were many nights of saying goodnight at this door! We always joked about the orange light above the door, good times!

We called this the Winstel house (the street it was on). This was where Steve lived before we were married. We made great friends in this house and had a lot of fun dating here too. It looks kind of scary and in a bad part of town when we see it now, but we had so much fun there.

Our first apartment together, Country Club Apartments, Apt. C6. We only lived there for about 6 months. Preston was very upset that I wouldn't let him play in the fountain that was in front of us.

Our second apartment, Sabino Canyon Apartment Homes. We loved, loved, loved this apartment. We had so much less stress and worry in those days and had a lot of fun! We made amazing friends there that we still consider to be good friends. Sometimes I still find myself missing that apartment. Ours is the one behind my right shoulder.

The hospital Preston was born at!


It was fun to see all these places again but it reminded us that it will be hard to say goodbye to Tucson. Lots of great memories here!!

7 comments:

Adrian said...

What a fun walk down memory lane! I miss the old (John & Elaine) Wilker house too!

Benjamin V. Tucker said...

The Winstel house holds many good memories. It's fun to see a picture of it.

Carrie said...

What a great idea for closure in that chapter of your lives. It's always so hard to say goodbye but there is something exciting around the corner. Good luck guys!

Ashley and Spencer Bunn said...

great idea, I had Kaylee there too. I really loved that hospital. Tucson will miss you.

Aranne and Dan said...

That was a great idea and a fun way to say goodbye to where you guys started your family and your lives together. I am sure you will miss it there but you will make plenty of fun, loving memories wherever you are together...if that is Idaho...or wherever the Lord leads you. We love you guys and wish only the best for the three of you and that little bundle of joy on the way!!!

Dave W. said...

i wonder if the old kodak vending machine is still in that Winstel house. lol

Anonymous said...

Tucson will miss the Wilkers :)