My posts lately have been all about life changing events and kind of serious stuff, but, hmm... that's kind of what's going on around here. Of course we're still having fun times but our lives are all about our upcoming changes! I keep asking myself, "Is this for real??" "Are we really moving to Idaho?" "Are we really having another baby?" Well, the answer is yes to all of those, so I'd better just get used to it!!
We have an official move date, October 30th, which is quickly approaching! We're still figuring out a few details of how we'll make the trip but we're planning on moving in November 1st. Which brings me to the next issue, finding a place to live! Steve leaves tomorrow for Idaho to find us our home for the next little bit. We've been looking on craigslist and some classifieds to see what we can find in Idaho Falls, but who knows what he'll find when he gets there. We're hoping to find a small house to rent, but we'll see. I think we're definitely going to be relying on a lot of prayers to find the right home for us. We're really hoping to end up in a good neighborhood and ward, because that can make all the difference, especially when we won't know anyone. The packing has officially started around our house, with Steve doing the vast majority of it (I've only packed 2 boxes so far, and he has stacks in the garage that he's done, he's been awesome!). Definitely sad and weird to see rooms slowly emptying out, but better that we're not waiting until the last minute.
Some good news is that we got an offer on our house. This was really surprising because only 2 people have looked at our house and it's pretty crazy that one of them wanted to buy it! Since we're doing a short sale, the offer goes straight to the bank, from there we have no idea how long it could take or what might happen. I hate this part, but at least we have an offer! Definitely more prayers are being said about our house and that it will all work out.
I know this was all just a lot of rambling, but it's what's going on around here. It's actually kind of funny because when I read all of this, it doesn't even seem like it's about us. I keep thinking about all those times on fast Sunday when someone bears their testimony or someone gives a talk and they describe how they just got married, moved to a new state, just graduated, got a new job, oh and their having a baby too. I always thought those people were so crazy with all those major changes at once and never thought we'd be those kind of people. Yet here we are with some major changes (not all of them), but selling house, moving to a new state, new job for Steve, and a new baby on the way! I'm going to laugh at myself when I give my first talk in our new ward and introduce our family. So far, I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing because I know it's the right thing for our family. I've been blessed to have a couple of those "tender mercy" moments to help me feel calm and that's this is right. It still won't be easy and I know things are definitely going to get stressful around here, but I have the comfort of knowing the Lord will help us through and we really have so much to be grateful for!
2 comments:
Oh I am so excited for you guys. Change can be a very good thing. We get so complacent and we just go through life playing it safe and living a very mediocre lifestyle. Arizona was the best thing for us. And then the opportunities it opened after were a good thing. I'm ready for a change again. :) So excited for you guys! If you need a place to stop in on your way to ID, you know who to call.
I'm with Carrie. Change can be a great thing. Scary sometimes, but who know what kind of great opportunities you'll have or friends you'll meet. I could use a big change myself :) Good luck!!!
Post a Comment