Saturday, July 20, 2013

Crazy, Crazy Times!

We just experienced the craziest 36 hours we've had in a very long time.  

We have officially sold both salons.  A little back story...  It's something that has been coming for quite awhile.  It was a decision made because of a mix of things, mostly because Steve's parents are finally moving to Nebraska, but also because we always knew this wasn't going to be Steve's long term career, it wasn't the raging success we were hoping, and it was just the best thing for everyone involved to move on.  It's been a very stressful month or two trying to get this all figured out (ok, Steve and his Dad had to do all of that).  Lots of back and forth emails and calls, contracts, dates being pushed back and like I said A LOT of stress.  The date for the sale was changed several times and was finally decided to be this past Friday. (on a side note, we've had to keep this info mostly to ourselves, except for family, because we couldn't have the stylists find out and risk them all leaving.  It's been really tough to not be able to tell everyone what's really going on.)   And now we are on the job hunt and facing an uncertain future once again.  It's not a place that we like to be but we have faced the uncertain before and it has worked out okay and we have a lot of faith that Heavenly Father will take care of us once again.  

Our crazy 36 hours started Thursday night.  As part of the sale we had to remove all of Steve's office furniture and personal stuff.  The kids and I went with Steve Thursday night after the salon closed to help him pack up and move the furniture.  The kids had fun running around and playing with the prizes while Steve and I worked.  We knew that this was coming but it was still hard.  I had to try really hard to keep my emotions under wraps.  It's so hard when we were the ones that have been there from the beginning and seen it all come together.  Steve put so much time and effort into these salons and it's a little sad to move on.  


Some of my favorite memories of the salon are when we would just pop in or go in after hours and watch the kids run around like they owned the place.


   We were there until almost 11 and Steve stayed to do the inventory on the product until 1:30am.  A late night for all of us.  Friday morning the kids and I had plans to go to the library and I had a little birthday lunch planned with some friends.  Steve was on his way to Blackfoot to do the inventory there and had the signing planned for 4pm and meetings at both salons planned for 6 and 8pm.  Busy day ahead.  I got a call from Steve with him telling me he was pulled over at a truck stop and in tons of kidney pain.  I told him to turn around and drive to the ER and I would meet him there because I had his insurance card.  SERIOUSLY, the worst day for this ever!!  The kids and I had just gotten out of the shower so we rushed to get ready and get to the hospital.  We got him signed in but he was in too much pain for the kids and I to see him.  We waited in the waiting room for a few minutes before I realized I needed to find a place for the kids to go.  I made a few calls and texts and my visiting teaching partner down the street let me drop the kids off.  I dropped them off and made it back to the hospital to see Steve hooked up to an iv and feeling much better because he was full of drugs.  They came back to say he had a kidney stone.  I was able to take a very loopy Steve home and get his prescriptions and get him settled at home.  We then had to figure out how Steve was going to do the rest of the day.  We decided that I would go along with him to his meetings to help him out.  We got to Blackfoot at 4pm for the signing and Angie and Elaine met us there.  Elaine had to be there for the meetings and Angie took all of the kids back to our house.  We made it through the signing and the meeting at the Blackfoot salon to tell the stylists.  A pretty awkward situation to introduce the new owners but Steve did a great job.  We drove back to Idaho Falls and they dropped me off before going to the meeting at the salon here.  Steve and Elaine got home about 9.  Steve was definitely worn out and tired from the pain killers.

Elaine, Angie and Tyson stayed the night so that they could bring Steve to my race the next morning.  I didn't get to bed until about 10:30pm and I had a hard time sleeping because I was full of nerves about my HALF MARATHON!!!  The last part of our 36 hours of crazy.  (I'll do a separate post on my race)  We couldn't believe that all of this happened all at once.  It's been such a stressful week and we are glad that it's finally over.

...the things that I'm grateful for in all of this craziness.
- insurance, although I'm sure we'll have to pay for the er some.
- prescription insurance, $5.60 for Steve's two prescriptions
- the service of others
- the love of a ward family, within a few hours we were bombarded with calls and texts offering help and wanting to see if we were ok.
- wonderful family that are always so helpful
- sweet kids in stressful situations.  Preston was crying because he was worried about his Daddy but on the way to the hospital he said, "Mommy it's okay, just calm down."

2 comments:

Marlese Seaver said...

Oh my word!! I'd say you had a crazy weekend! So emotional!!! Holy cow! Mine was NOTHING to compare. I had my mom dad and sisters to help as I took the kids camping w/o Nate. Glad things are goi better!

Marlese Seaver said...

Oh my word!! I'd say you had a crazy weekend! So emotional!!! Holy cow! Mine was NOTHING to compare. I had my mom dad and sisters to help as I took the kids camping w/o Nate. Glad things are goi better!