Friday, November 15, 2013

Time Out for Women Weekend!

It was that time of year once again for our annual Time Out for Women weekend in Phoenix.  The past couple years I have always brought the kids with me and we've hung out for the week.  Now that Abby is 2 and we have to buy her a plane ticket it was just too pricey for the three of us to go and since Steve had some time off he needed to use at the bank so we decided I would go just by myself this time.  Three days/nights kid free.. almost too good to be true!

I had been looking forward to this weekend for over a month and then the night before I left Abby threw up.  The worst!  That morning she threw up again and again and was absolutely miserable and just laid on the couch or slept the whole day.  She was just so sad and I was so sad for seeing her like that.  I thought she was doing better when it was getting to the time when I needed to go to the airport but she woke up from her nap with a bad blow out diaper and then 10 minutes later she projectile vomited while Steve was holding her.  He stuck her in the bath and I had to wave a quick goodbye and drive myself to the airport. I hated having to leave Abby so miserable and not be there for her and I felt awful for leaving Steve in that situation.  Thankfully my flight went well and I was able to enjoy a flight without kids for the first time since Preston was born.  It was nice!

I got in pretty late on Thursday and was able to sleep in a little on Friday and then Aranne and I got to spend the day together shopping, getting pedicures, and getting lunch.  Such a fun day!!  After my mom came home we headed to go pick up Katie (sadly Maile couldn't come this year.).  We had such a great time at Time Out for Women, one of the best we've seen I think (and the most people ever, 5,500 people, so crazy!).  We were able to hear some amazing messages about letting go of fear, becoming you're authentic self, changing your thoughts for the better, being a daughter of God, and all sorts of good things.  I always leave feeling so uplifted and inspired and ready to be a better version of myself.  Such good stuff!

We headed to dinner with Nate and Juliet on Saturday night before saying goodbye to Aranne.  Then on Sunday after sleeping in a little and just going to sacrament meeting I was off to the airport.  The weekend went by WAY too fast but it was simply amazing and so so rejuvenating and hopefully something we can repeat in the future.  But of course I was anxious to get back to my little family.

Steve and the kids didn't have as good of a weekend as I was hoping.  Abby threw up Friday morning and was sick pretty much the whole time which left them pretty much home bound.  I felt so bad but Steve did such a great job taking care of everything.  I'm so grateful for him for allowing me to go on this trip and knowing that the kids were in good hands and not making me feel guilty for being gone.  He is so great!
(my poor baby got over the stomach problems but then developed a cough on Sunday.  She was still acting tired and cranky and then woke up Tuesday night at 9:30pm crying and complaining that her ear was hurting.  I ended up taking her to a 24 hour urgent care to find out she had an ear infection and get her some antibiotics and ear drops.  She was still awake and uncomfortable until 1am.  Poor girl has had such a rough week.)

No comments: