I thought I'd do a little catch up with what's going on with each of us...
Steve has been at his new job for a month now and he's loving it! It's exactly the work he wants to be doing and he's feeling like he's fitting in and really contributing. We also love his new schedule, he's home by 5:15pm everyday which is a ton better than 6:30 and he also gets an hour lunch break that he gets to come home for which the kids and I love. The only problem with it is the lack of enough pay, but you can't have everything right? So he keeps busy with working almost every Saturday at Wells Fargo. He's also really busy with his Elders' Quorum responsibilities. I'm really proud of all of his hard work!
I'm about 16 weeks along now and starting to feel better. I am still exhausted all the time but I at least have my appetite back and feel pretty good if I keep eating throughout the day. My tummy is definitely sticking out and feel like I will be gigantic by the end of this. But it's definitely getting real that we have another baby on the way and I'm really excited about it. Three kids still seems like it will be crazy and chaotic but I'm hopeful that the transition will go well. My transition to 2 kids was a really tough one for me and there's no guarantee that it will be better this time around but three feels like it will be good for us.
Preston is definitely getting stir crazy from being stuck at home and inside so much. I call him my caged animal but he really is a different kid outside and that's not possible right now. So yes, our patience around here can run short. But out of all of us I think Preston might be the most excited for this baby. I am loving just how excited and interested he is. He is always asking about the baby. What are we gonna name the baby? Can the baby come now? Where is the baby going to sleep? And he always checks my belly to make sure it's getting bigger. So so fun!
Abby's big project has been potty training. She's been in underwear for about 3 weeks and she has done really well. She's had a handful of wet accidents but they've just been at home when she can't quite make it to the potty in time. She still wears diapers for nap time and night time but that is significantly less diapers that we have to pay for so I'm happy! So far potty training her has been easier and less traumatizing than I thought it would be. Abby has also decided she's too old for naps. She has only taken 3 naps in the past 2 weeks. She is a cranky mess by like 6 every night which is so not fun for the rest of us but she just doesn't want to nap. Our Abby's obsession right now is the movie "Frozen." She constantly sings the song "Let it go" at the top of her lungs and we have listened to the soundtrack nonstop in the car since Christmas. She wants to look like Elsa and asks to have "Let it go" hair (aka. braids). This is the first time she has ever been so passionate about something and it is so fun to watch.
Real winter has returned in full force this week with temps dropping to the single digits for the high (this morning the wind chill was -31 and all of the schools closed). We also have snow forecasted for the next 5 days. Just par for the course for February! Oh and I was able to schedule my 20 week ultrasound for March 6th so we will be anxiously awaiting that appointment to find out if this little one is a little sister or brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment