After we picked up Preston from school the kids and I went to Steve's office to check out his new office and meet his co-workers. We all went to lunch together before he had to go back to work. That night we just got some nachos from Taco Bell (romantic, I know, lol!) and had a movie night picnic eating on beach towels on the floor. Preston said it was an awesome day, and it was!
This past Monday was President's Day and both Steve and Preston had the day off which was SO nice. We all headed to the Lego Movie which Preston has been anxiously waiting to see. Thankfully we got there early because it was packed. The movie was a lot of fun and the Preston does so great at movies now and Abby did ok. After we got home, exhausted Steve and Abby took big naps while Preston and I went to the grocery store. Our big event of the day was going on a helicopter ride!!! Steve's boss has a friend who owns a helicopter and he gave all of the employees and their families rides. How cool is that?!? We were worried the kids might freak out but they both did awesome. It was a super windy day so it was a really bumpy ride but we got to be up for about 10 minutes and fly over the river, temple, and even our house. Seriously the coolest thing I've done in a really long time. We ended the night with oven pizza and watching one of our favorite shows as a family. Really a great day!! (I asked Steve that since we counted that as our family night, how exactly we're going to top a helicopter ride for family night next week!)
| The helicopter! We didn't get to have a pic with it since they don't really encourage hanging out by a helicopter while it's going! |


No comments:
Post a Comment