I've been so nervous for Preston to start school. Preston just does not love anything academic, he would much rather be busy playing than practicing letters, numbers, etc. We tried to work on some things over the summer, but baby kind of interrupted that a bit. We can already tell that homework will be a struggle with him but we're hopeful he can stay excited and interested in his schoolwork.
I took him to school on my own the first day. Preston was so excited and wasn't nervous at all. I got him all settled in his classroom at his desk and asked if he was fine and if I could leave, he said yes and he's been fine ever since! Yes, I started to cry when I got in the car... the interesting thing is that I wasn't crying because he was growing up, it was more out of worry. I worry about how he'll do socially, academically, with his behavior, etc. I just want him to do well, for the teacher to like him and understand him, for him to get along with the other kids, and all of those kinds of things. Scary sending him off to school... although I think it will be much more real and scary when he starts first grade and is gone all day. Here's to a great school year!!
That day was a super emotional one for me... we had to say goodbye to Steve's family from their all too short visit. Always so, so hard and not exactly sure the next time we will be seeing them makes it harder. Then it was Preston's first day of kindergarten. An hour after that I got this box in the mail from my mom, a box of sunshine!! She knew things have been a little rough for me lately with everything and this box couldn't have come at a more perfect time. It made me cry and was exactly what I needed. Definitely a tender mercy for me and a reminder of how blessed I am with to have a mom like mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment