Sunday, September 14, 2014

Saturday adventure...

(This title is actually not sarcastic as it easily could have been!)
The other day Steve decided to take Kaley for a drive.  Our little babe continues to be fussy and give us a hard time and if she's not hungry she likes the car and will just sleep.  Steve wanted to give me a break so they went driving.  Steve came home so excited because he had driven somewhere completely new and was amazed at how pretty it was.  So we decided we had to go on an adventure Saturday afternoon as a family to check it out.

Our Saturday was a busy but fun one... Steve had organised an activity for the Elder's quorum (he's currently the president) for them to go out shooting.  All 3 kiddos and I headed to Lowes in the morning for their kid project clinics.  We love these things!  We've been a handful of times, the kids love to build a toy and I love that it's free!  From there we grabbed to lunch and headed to a park.  It was a gorgeous day and we stayed and played for a long time.

After Steve got home we headed on our adventure.  It took us south of Ammon, onto a gravel road.  We kept driving south and all of a sudden you're surrounded by gorgeous trees, mountains, and then go through a canyon.  So, so pretty.  We had no idea all of that was just a 30-45 minute drive away.  So fun to drive and see everything and then make a few stops to check it out.









I love these little adventures.  I love spending time as a family exploring new places and hearing my kids be so upset that we have to go back home.  It was a great day.  Kaley did really well the whole time both Preston and Abby fell asleep on the way home.  Worn out, dirty kids mean we've done our job right!

On a completely random note: I forgot to mention that the day we blessed Kaley I got released from my calling.  I had been teaching the 14-17 year old Sunday school class, a calling Steve and I started together but he stopped doing when he became Elder's quorum president.  I was so nervous to teach teenagers at first because I never have before, but really came to love it.  We had a great class with fun kids!  I was a little surprised I was being released with no new calling to replace it but they said they were just going to give me a little break.  I'm sure with a new baby that really only wants me to hold her and some of the other stresses in our life, they're fine to leave me be for awhile.  I'm a little sad but it will be nice to not have to prepare a lesson every Sunday.

No comments: