Sunday, April 12, 2015

What's up with us...

Just thought I would do a little update on what is going on with each of us lately...

Steve: Still on the job hunt.  A couple of weeks ago he had phone interviews for companies both located in Utah, but we haven't heard back since.  Looking for a job is such a frustrating process (definitely more so for him than me!).  We have the instances where we never hear from a company after applying, ones where we get really excited about a certain job but they aren't interested in Steve, ones where Steve does a screening interview and then never hear back, ones where he does the first interview and say they will be contact to set up the next interview and then never hear back from them and they refuse to return calls/emails.  All in all it is frustrating!  It's easy to let it all get us down and let our circumstances overwhelm us.  Steve is such a trooper and we know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for us and we are just trying to do our part to help that plan along.  We are hopeful that something will work out soon but now we have the added stress of a deadline (of sorts) of the end of the school year coming up quick and then difficult decisions and actions will need to be made.  In the meantime Steve is working so hard as the Elder's Quorum President and I love his dedication and how much he cares for the people he serves.

Me: I use the stress of our current situation as an excuse to make (and eat!) lots of cookies which is fun.  I stay busy with the kiddos and trying to get some spring cleaning done around the house.  I've started running again which has been kind of hard to get back into fully since it's been like a year and a half since I used to do it on a consistent basis.  I decided I needed more motivation so I signed up for a 10k on April 25th (in less than 2 weeks!).  I'm already nervous about it and not feeling like I will be prepared enough but I think it's important to do things that make us nervous every once in awhile.

Preston: Is still loving school and gets sad every time he has a day off.  He just got his report card this past week and everything on it is perfect!  He brings a book home every day to read 3 times before returning.  We have him get a new book every day since they aren't that difficult for him and he is so far ahead of everyone else in his class for reading.  He doesn't like to do homework and that is a bit of a struggle but we expected that from him!  He is obsessed with Star Wars right now and can be heard singing the Star Wars theme songs throughout the house while he plays.  He is such a good big brother and loves to play with Abby and entertain Kaley.  He is Steve's little mini me and they have so much in common.  He is silly and makes us laugh but of course can be so loud and crazy.  I love my sweet boy!

Abby: Miss Abby has a birthday this week so I'm sure I'll write more about her then.  She loves preschool and dance class and is doing great on both.  It's fun to watch her pick up on things just from listening to us work with Preston like letters, sounds, and numbers.  She loves to color and cut and carry her things around in her backpacks and purses and help me cook.  She loves the mail and we let her have all the junk mail.  She is so sweet and sassy and she makes us laugh.  The other day she told me that I am her best friend... totally melted my heart.

Kaley:  I give updates on miss Kaley monthly already but I can't leave her out!  She is a happy girl now but being a baby is still hard sometimes.  We've been dealing with severe constipation, severe diaper rash, and cutting her top two teeth these past few weeks.  Hard stuff for a baby and sad to see her hurting.  She has her 9 month appointment this week and I definitely have a list of questions for him, but happy it's nothing major.  I love to squeeze her and kiss her and it's just so fun to watch her learn and explore.

We've got Abby's and Steve's birthday's coming up next weekend so we're already looking forward to that fun and hopeful we'll have some good news soon!

No comments: