Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Steve's turn!

Steve's birthday was on Sunday!  He is not a very big birthday person but I still like to make it fun for him and for the kids.  He woke up to a few decorations and a box full of "sunshine" since I like to call him my sunshine sometimes.  I made bacon and eggs for him for breakfast but it had to be a quick breakfast since we have 9 o'clock church.  He got to open a couple of presents and we had a relaxing afternoon enjoying the nice weather and he got to take a big nap.  The kids helped me make mint Oreo truffles for him and we topped the day off with super yummy bbq hamburgers for dinner (his request!).  Love being able to use the bbq again!



Action shot, lol!

I love Steve so much.  We've had to go through a lot of ups and downs in this life but I feel so blessed to be able to do that together.  I think sometime in life we don't realize what we have until we observe what others don't have.  Seeing or hearing about the relationships/marriages of some others has reminded me of how wonderful our marriage is.  I'm so thankful that we treat each other with love and respect, can laugh and have fun together, and can rely on each other during the tough times.  He's such an awesome, hands on dad and am so grateful that he is a worthy priesthood holder and takes that seriously.  I just love him!

No comments: