Today was Preston's kindergarten graduation! Can't believe this school year is actually over! Preston has been so sad for the school year to get over. He really has loved school so much and I couldn't be more proud or happy with how he's done! We really expected school to be a rough road for him, and although homework is a struggle sometimes it has gone so well. He's been excited about his graduation and all the songs they were practicing. He was pretty bummed that Steve couldn't be there but I took lots of videos. I loved to watch my tall boy in the top row. He hates singing in front of other people (like in church) but did great today singing every single song. He was so cute! Loved it!
 |
| Love my boy! |
 |
| Mrs. McMurray |
 |
| Preston's reading chart in his classroom. He has the most stickers (books read) in his class by far! What he's pointing to is actually his third and fourth lines since he filled up the first two. As we were taking this pic, a girl in his class and her mom were saying "Oh, we've heard about him, the super reader who gets a new book every day!" So proud of this kid! |
Side note: I went into this school year wanting Preston to go to AM kindergarten but then he got assigned PM and I was furious. I thought PM kindergarten was going to be miserable. It only took a few weeks for us to realize we LOVE PM kinder. I love the time in the morning to hang out in our pj's, watch a couple of shows and let the kids play. I really tried to savor the relaxed mornings because I know that once 1st grade starts our mornings will be completely different. Love my morning hugs and cuddles all under blankets on the couches!
1 comment:
It goes by so fast! So glad Preston had such a great year. And pm kindergarten is the way to go!
Post a Comment