Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June...

I love to use this blog to document our adventures and the fun things the kids are up to but I definitely feel like this is a journal of sorts.  Although I don't pour out my entire heart and soul since this can be seen by others but I still think it's important to document our ups and downs along the way.  This is one of the times that I feel like it I need to document our trials so that we can continue to learn from it and look back on it in the future.

It's now June 2nd!!  So crazy that it's June already!  About 4 months ago we made the decision that we were going to wait until after school got out to move to Arizona.  It was just getting later and later into the school year that we really didn't want Preston to have to change schools.  We got a good size tax return that was a blessing and allowed us to live off of it.  We were dreading the end of the school year because if we didn't have a job lined up it meant it was time to start packing our boxes to move to AZ with my parents.  And now we  are officially into June and Preston's last day is tomorrow.  ...and we don't have a job or one in the works.  Frustrating!

A couple weeks ago Steve had two interviews with a company in Provo for a job that would be really great for him and our family and thought that this might be the miracle we were waiting for.  The first one went really well and Steve felt great about it.  The second one less than a week later didn't go very well, he didn't bomb the interview but he could tell it didn't go great.  We got frustrated and our attitude went down hill fast.  We felt like our last shot at a job before our deadline was getting away from us.  We were filled with anxiety, stress, and panic whenever we started thinking about packing boxes and leaving here.  Meanwhile the bishop of our ward had set up an interview with us.  The whole week we were wondering why he would want to see us, we knew it couldn't be a calling or anything since he knows we're probably leaving.  He really just wanted to sit us down as our bishop to see how we are doing and what our plan is.  He had no idea that we were having a particularly tough week and an even tougher day.  We felt like this was an answer to prayers of sorts... in the sense that it was a reminder that our Heavenly Father is mindful of us and watching over us with the help of those around us including our bishop.  His message was basically to not give up and with the ward's help maybe we could give ourselves one more month here.  We were really touched and after some praying we decided that we would go ahead and wait to give our notice until July (if we have to).  After that I have felt a lot calmer about things and more peace.  Maybe that's because we are putting off something that will be difficult but for now I am feeling a lot better about things.

We were starting to wonder if Steve should get some little job like delivering pizzas or something just to make a little bit to help us out.  Less than  week later, I've been presented with the opportunity to babysit for my friend who works 3 days a week.  It's for 3 kids: 8 years old, 4 years old, and 7 months old.  It was kind of a tough decision because it's a complicated situation and I am nervous about how my kids will adjust or be influenced but I couldn't turn down this opportunity and I figure if it doesn't go well I can always stop.  On top of that Steve got a random phone call from his uncle who needed help driving to Texas to pick up some piece of machinery or something.  Steve would be gone for 4 days, but would get paid for it!!  (He left yesterday morning.) Can't turn that down!  These aren't permanent fixes but are still such blessings for us!  The next two months are totally unknown to us but I am going to try my best to focus on having a fun summer with my kiddos and continue holding onto my hope that everything will work out, one way or another!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Holy Cow! i think it's great to document. I struggle with that too.... it's my "journal" in lots of way, but you still want there to be some amount of privacy. I always struggle putting it out there sometimes, but i think it's good so you can know where you've been. And so others can draw strength of your story(like me!) We are is similar circumstances as far as we are BARELY eeking by. But the Lord has told us we need to stay in this house right now. I can not even imagine how we are going to survive come july. we will be out of money then too and i am just flipping out. Oh keep me posted! we will keep you in our prayers!!

Kara said...

I think documenting the every day and especially the most difficult times of our lives are the most important to write about. It helps us see our Heavenly Father in our lives, pulling us up, and cheering us on. I hope something big comes your way!