Monday, August 17, 2015

Ugh... and the kids!

Well, last Monday we got the email that we had been dreading for weeks... Steve didn't get the job for Idaho Central Credit Union.  Not good news.  The email was very nice and said that they had offered it to someone else that day.  That made me feel better knowing they hadn't decided weeks ago and had just been ignoring us but on the other hand it hurt to know that someone else got the phone call that day that we wanted so badly.  This definitely bummed us out and has left us really unsure of what is next.  We have no other job prospects so we're just praying that something comes along very, very soon... or as the kids say in our nightly family prayers, "Bless that Daddy will get a job really, really, really soon."  It's getting hard to stay positive but I am trying really hard to be.  I just have to continue to do my part and exercise faith and I know that we'll be watched over and helped.  I really do know that, I'm just not sure how it will all come to together quite yet.  That's what this life is for, the ups and downs and learning how to navigate through it all.  If we could see what happens than it would be too easy.  I'm just trying to hold on for the ride!

In the meantime I want to focus on what makes me happy!  My three amazing kiddos!  Here's a little about each of them right now...

Preston: Preston starts first grade in two weeks!  It will be the first time he goes to school all day.  He (and I!) are kind of nervous about this and he isn't super excited about school yet.  I'm stressed about back to school and will miss my buddy being gone all day but he is definitely getting stir crazy and bored with summer so I think it will be good for him.  I just hope that the transition to first grade goes well and that he likes it.  He is obsessed with Star Wars right now and it is pretty much all he talks about.  He can be heard singing the theme song most of the day.  His bike broke a couple of weeks ago, which was ok since it was getting too small for him anyway.  Steve found a great deal on the next size up at Walmart and decided to just go for it.  He loves it and rides it around our cul-de-sac everyday.  He likes to be on the go and have something planned or somewhere to go everyday.  He loves playing and water.  He loves playing with both of his sisters and making them laugh.  This boy is constant energy and noise which can drive us crazy sometimes (or a lot) but we love him so much.

Abby: Once we realized that we would be staying here (for now at least) we needed to find a preschool for Abby.  I was nervous we wouldn't have any luck being so close to school starting but we asked around and found a woman who I kind of know who lives super close who does one from her home.  She had one opening so we snagged it!  Abby will be going to preschool Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9-11:30.  I am so excited we were able to find one and I think that schedule will be great.  Abby is excited and already asking if she can go to school yet.  Our Abby is so fun.  She is silly, happy, loves to dance, sing and pretend.  Her favorite thing is her purses that she loves to fill with all sorts of stuff and carry around.  She loves her play kitchen and is just so fun to watch her play and use her imagination.  She does a good job keeping up with Preston and is a brave and tough 4 year old.  She also loves to go to primary and loves to pretend primary, sharing time and class time at home.  So stinking cute!

Kaley: Kaley just turned 13 months old a couple of days ago.  She can be very serious sometimes refusing to give smiles to strangers and other times she can be a complete cheese ball making silly faces.  She now lets Steve put her down for naps and bedtime which is nice.  I was able to fully wean her just after she turned 1.  It went smoother than I thought it would and although she doesn't love milk quite yet, we try to get her to drink as much as we can.  Still no walking but she has just started to want to walk while holding our hands so at least there is progress either.  Still no talking either.  We think she can say Dada and bye (Baba) but not for certain yet.  She knows the sign for eat (she uses that one a lot!!), more, and sometimes all done.  She loves to be where her big brother and sister are and to play with their toys.  She is drawn to technology like our phones and kindle and gets so sad when we take them away.  Tooth #5 is half way in with no other teeth coming yet, a lot slower than Preston and Abby's teeth.  We really think that this girl likes doing things her own way and in her own time.  When both Preston and Abby are at school Kaley and I will have one-on-one time on a consistent basis for the first time in her little life which I am excited about.

1 comment:

Emily said...

our thoughts and prayers are with your family. I have put your name on the temple roll as well. I hope you find something too Amy!