Thursday, March 10, 2016

23 Weeks...


I am officially 23 weeks as of Wednesday, March 9th.  I can't believe we are already into March!  So, how are we (the babies and I) all doing??

The babies:  These girls are doing awesome!!  We had the big 20 week ultrasound a couple of weeks ago where they check all of the organs and everything carefully and they both completely checked out.  So comforting.  They continue to be right on track with their growth and size.  At that appointment they were both 13 oz, at my appointment on Tuesday (March 8th, 22 weeks 6 days) Baby A was 1 lb. 3 oz. and Baby B was 1 lb. 4 oz. and they are both looking great.  I love quiet and normal on these appointments and we are just hoping it continues that way!  I continue to love to see them on the ultrasound every two weeks and love to see their sweet profiles every time.  They are starting to become quite the movers and it's getting quite busy in my belly since I have 4 legs and arms in there!

Me:  I am actually doing really well right now.  I don't feel sick at all like I was at the beginning and I am not so big yet for all of those aches and pains quite yet.  I have more energy lately so I have been really working on my to do list since I know that this feeling will not stick around and this will get hard again.  I am definitely getting bigger!  My belly leaves me feeling squished and out of breath sometimes!  My belly measured at 27 weeks when I was just about 23 weeks, so about a month ahead.  It is crazy to imagine just how big I am going to get and how that is even possible!  I really had expected the worst and thought I would feel horrible this whole pregnancy so it has been so, so nice to actually feel good.  I will take it everyday I can before this gets hard again.  Emotionally I am also feeling a lot better (probably going hand in hand with physically feeling better).  It's still definitely overwhelming and I know this will be quite the adventure with some tough days ahead but I know these babies are meant to be in our family and it is such an incredible blessing.  Fun to start to imagine what they'll be like or what they'll look like.

I finally buckled down and made a to do list for all of the things that need to get done before babies for me, the babies, around the house, and the rest of the family.  Also a list of the things we need.  I am starting to mark things off of my lists and that feels awesome.  I am working on decor for their nursery (even though they won't be sleeping in there for some time) but loving the coral/teal/pink motif we're going for.  I am hoping to have most of my things done by the time I am about 30 weeks because I just don't know how I will be feeling (besides really big of course!) and don't want to save all of it until the end.

Lots of people have asked us about names for these two girls.  Names have been SO hard this time around.  We already had two boy names picked out but nothing for girls.  We are the kind that love to know their names before hand and have that decided.  We have bounced around a lot of ideas and have narrowed it down.  We are feeling pretty good about the names we have picked out but aren't quite ready to share with the world yet.  Maybe we'll give some hints in the future!

No comments: