Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Around the house...

I can't believe it is March already and we're glad to see all of the snow and ice go, even if it is still cold and yucky on some days.  We are all doing pretty well around our house.  We have been pretty healthy lately which has been great.  We are currently enjoying a visit from my mom!  She figured I wouldn't be making it to our annual Time Out for Women weekend in Phoenix in November this year, so she decided to come up here and go to the Time Out for Women even here this weekend.  We haven't been doing anything super exciting because of the weather and the kids being in school but we love just hanging out and the kids can't get enough of her!  It feels like a little bit of practice for when she comes this summer for the twins.

I just thought I might do a little bit about each of us, since I don't want every post to be focused on pregnant me or these babies (although, that's fun too!)...

Steve:  Can I just say how much I (and the kids!) love having him around so much?!  It really is a silver lining blessing of unemployment to get to have him at home so much.  When he gets a job that will definitely be a tough adjustment for all of us.  He continues to work hard to find a job and had two really good phone interviews last week, so we will see if anything comes from them.  He also works hard with the Elders in the ward and has been helping the youth with a roadshow of sorts for the past 6 weeks (we've switched places and he has been going to mutual instead of me during this time).

Me:  Besides growing two babies... (I'll into detail about that kind of stuff in my pregnancy update post).  I have been working on getting some things done.  My biggest project was selling all of Preston's old clothes.  We know we will be done having kids after this and since we have definitely confirmed they are girls there is no need to keep all of the boy stuff.  I had 8 totes and a couple boxes full of stuff!  I buckled down and spent a whole week sorting, taking pictures, posting on facebook sites and craigslist, responding to comments and texts, scheduling times to meet and then actually meeting up with the buyers.  It was time consuming but worth it as I made a little more than a few hundred dollars!  I still have some shoes, coats, and baby boy stuff left so we'll see what I end up doing with it.  It was a big job but I was so glad to be done with it!  Other than that I have been doing some fun projects for the new nursery which has been a lot of fun!

Preston:  Continues to be our loud and busy boy!  I think he is ready for spring so he can be outside more.  I had his parent/teacher conference and he is doing great.  He is a really great student and doing well in all of the subjects.  He has been having some issues with a friend at school who plays too rough and gets him into trouble sometimes so we're working on that.  His love for Star Wars is as strong as ever!  And of course he continues to be a really great big brother.
Morning with Mom at school!  We got to wear our pj's and Abby tagged along too!
Abby:  Four is such a funny age, sometimes showing how old she is getting and other times acting more like 3, haha!  She is getting excited for her birthday to come in April and I can't believe she will be 5!  Next week is Kindergarten round up and once again I can't believe she is going to be starting kindergarten this fall.  She is already excited and I know she will absolutely love it.  She is all about anything crafty and loves to do all kinds of projects.  She is also getting very excited to be a big sister to two babies.
Matching outfits from Grammy and Angie!
Kaley:  Our Kaley is at such a fun stage!  It is no secret that Kaley has been our most serious and sometimes most difficult baby but it seems in the past couple months she has come into her own and decided to be a happy, cute, fun little girl.  We love this!  She did so great in AZ with my parents and is still doing great with my mom now that she is here.  She smiles and waves and laughs and always wants to be doing what the big kids are doing.  She has had a slow start to talking but is making progress and starting to use more words, one of my favorites being "Lulu" which is what she calls our dog Lucy.  I am really hoping she keeps up this new happy personality for a long time!
We have been able to enjoy a few afternoons outside.  Kaley found this old coat of Preston's when I was going through clothes and insisted on wearing it.
March is a fun one around here with my mom's visit (she'll be here a total of 10 days!) and then spring break in just a couple of weeks.  The other big exciting thing is a trip to Nebraska for most of our family.  Our nephew Tyson just celebrated his 8th birthday and will be getting baptized on the 26th.  We definitely want to show our support and love for him, especially since he is the only cousin on Steve's side.  When we were first talking about this trip, we didn't know what to do about me!  We had no idea how I would be feeling, how the babies would be doing or if any complications may arise.  After a lot of back and forth with plans and a lot of thinking about it (and even praying about it), we decided it would be best if I don't go on this trip.  Between the stress and the physical part of traveling and that you just never know with pregnancy, even more so with a multiples pregnancy, we just feel better about me staying home.  So we planned for Steve to take the two older kids for 5 days and I would stay here with Kaley, but since Kaley did so awesome in AZ and has been so fun lately, Steve has decided to take Kaley with him (since she is a lap child still)!  This is a big undertaking for Steve but he has his family's help once they get there.  So all of this means that I will have 5 kid free days at home!!!  Basically a vacation for moms.  Not going to lie, it will be a nice break and a great time to get some things done, plus it will be like the calm before the storm in our lives, haha!  Definitely fun things to look forward to!  
They are such good buddies.  I can't get enough of it!

No comments: