Friday, June 10, 2016

Last Pregnancy Post!!


I am officially 36 weeks and 2 days pregnant!  The countdown to my c-section is definitely on and is in just 3 days!  Woohoo!!  This is my last blog post about this pregnancy which is just so crazy to me.  I can't believe I have made it this far!
 
I guess I will start with the girls... just like every other update, they continue to do amazing.  Seriously what a blessing.  They are right on on all of the growth charts and always hit everything they are looking for at each ultrasound.  Their sizes are definitely estimates at this point since they are pretty squished in there so it is hard to get accurate measurements during the ultrasound.  Just yesterday they weighed 6lbs5oz and 6lbs3oz.  So there is a pretty good chance that they will both be 6 pounds which I am very happy about and leaves me feeling hopeful for how they will do after they are born.  They continue to move like crazy even though there isn't much room for them, with baby B always being my mover and shaker and being in a different position every time I go in, while baby A has been head down every single time.  It really has been so amazing to watch them grow and continue to see how well they are doing... as my doctor said at one of my appointments, I'm really good at growing babies.

Me on the other hand??  Holy moly this twin pregnancy thing is HARD!!  I continue to be sore all of the time which makes sleep, walking, and pretty much everything harder.  The exhaustion is unreal (which I find both funny and overwhelming since the exhaustion will only continue or get worse once the babies are actually here.)  I am completely useless and have to spend most of the day sitting... I can maybe do one errand but then I am wiped out for the rest of the day.  My mind even feels exhausted and just feels like mush.  I told Steve that I just don't feel like myself with all of this going on.  The past week or so, my swelling has really just gotten out of control, especially in my feet.  The sudden warm weather we got this past week I'm sure is not helping with that.  I feel swollen all over and I don't think my feet have ever been this swollen before, and that's with keeping my feet up all of the time and sleeping with my feet on a pillow!  My belly just feels stretched to the max and is just huge, lumpy and so uncomfortable!  At my last doctor's appointment yesterday, my belly measured 49 weeks.  So it's as if I am walking around 9 weeks over due (with over 12 pounds of baby in there!).  No wonder I feel the way I do!  My braxton hicks contractions are coming more frequently and can be pretty intense sometimes.  I make Steve nervous that I might be going into labor but no real signs of labor... you never know, they could surprise us.

On a total random note, my right ear got extremely plugged up last week and after trying at home remedies to remove the wax, I went to the doctor last Friday.  They got my ears all cleaned out and was told I have TWO  ear infections.  Say what?!?  My ears didn't even hurt and I wasn't even sick or anything.  I got a prescription for antibiotics and drops and dealt with a plugged up ear.  Fast forward to this past Thursday and my ear wasn't feeling any better so I went back into the doctor.  Ear infection still looked bad so I got a new prescription for different antibiotics.  Seriously, during this pregnancy my body has had such a hard time with sicknesses and fighting off infections.  My ear STILL feels plugged up which is just beyond annoying... as if I don't have enough going on physically, right?!

My mom has been here for almost two weeks already which is crazy.  We wanted her to come early just in case the babies decided to come early, but they haven't, which is a good thing.  It seems silly sometimes to have 3 adults around for 3 kids for this time but it has been such a help to have her here and the kids are loving it of course.  Plus I think it will make it much easier for when I am in the hospital and Grandma is running the show at home.  It's also been nice because Steve and I have been able to go on a couple of dates, something we haven't done in months... and who knows the next time we'll be able to!  We've also been able to enjoy the nice weather and go to some parks and enjoy the start of summer.  I think she is grateful we are having these babies in the summer here instead of the winter!  

Alright, since this is the last pregnancy post I thought I would do a couple of lists...

The NEGATIVE / things I won't miss: (although some may not go away, at least for awhile!)
-super swelling
-exhaustion
-crazy soreness in my hips
-heartburn that requires medication twice a day
-not being able to bend over or move easily
-being out of breath all of the time
-not being able to go and do all of the things I want to since I get so worn out
-only having about 2 shirts that fit my huge belly
-not sleeping well

The POSITIVE / things I will miss:
-watching the number on the scale go up and not caring or feeling bad about it
-the doctors appointments and ultrasounds... it got to be a lot but it was great to constantly check in on these babies and get that reassurance.  It also helped me build a good relationship with my doctor, which I've never had with any of my other pregnancies or doctors.
-not feeling self conscious about my weight/size (ok, I do feel self conscious about how big my belly is sometimes!)
-the kicks and movements in my belly to let me know they are doing alright

This by far has been my most difficult pregnancy, which definitely makes sense.  It has been hard physically, mentally and emotionally.  Still at the end of the day I feel so so blessed and lucky.  I have had zero complications, restrictions, concerns, preterm labor or even bed rest.  Besides this being hard on my body, everything has gone so well.  There are so many moms of multiples that can't say the same thing.  We are about to embark on a completely new adventure, one that we really just don't know what to expect.  We are trying to keep our minds open and our expectations low (haha!) and just pray that we can get them here ok and figure this twin thing out.  We might need a lot of prayers!!

No comments: