As the days counted down to my scheduled c-section I think we were all surprised that nothing had happened sooner and that we were actually going to make it to the big day. I went to church on my last day before babies even though I felt so huge and uncomfortable and couldn't help but laugh at how many people said "Tomorrow!!" to me. That night we had a nice little lesson of sorts with the kids. We looked at photo books and pictures from when each of the kids were born and in the hospital which they loved doing. We ended the night with Steve giving me a blessing which was a big comfort heading in to a kind a scary situation.
The BIG DAY!! June 13th, 2016 Steve and I had to be at the hospital at 5am and of course neither of us slept well at all so we were exhausted. It just felt so unreal walking in knowing I wouldn't be pregnant anymore and we would meet these twin girls we had talked about so much. Really such a crazy feeling. I got into a room, changed into a gown and hooked to the monitors. Next was answering lots of questions, signing lots of forms (times 2!), and getting my iv. The nurses were very nice and I couldn't help but watch the clock as it got closer to our 7 o'clock surgery time. Before we knew it, it was time to walk into the OR. Steve had to wait outside while they did my spinal (my least favorite part that gave me a little bit of anxiety since with Kaley I had to have it done twice) and get me all set up. Thankfully the spinal worked right away but I didn't like having to wait for Steve for so long to be let into be by me. And after a quick bout of nausea (which is so not fun laying on the operating table), Steve was by my side, holding my hand and it was go time!
| 36 weeks 5 days pregnant |
| Ready?!? |
Riley Monroe Wilker
6 lbs. 5 oz. 20 inches
7:26am
Madelyn Rae Wilker
6 lbs. 1 oz. 19 inches
7:27am
We spent about an hour in recovery just loving on our babies and I got a chance to try to nurse. We got rolled into our room and the babies needed to go into nursery to get warmed up a bit. Steve was busy sending out texts and messages to family letting everyone know that our girls were safely here and healthy. I was exhausted and felt just worn out, not to mention that one of the medications they gave me causes me to have a crazy itch, especially on my face which wasn't fun at all. I was SO itchy all day!
My mom and the kids got to come that afternoon. We were so happy that the babies weren't in the NICU so that the other kids didn't have to wait to meet their new sisters. They were all so excited and Preston and Abby loved to hold each one. Even Kaley was excited as she pointed to babies and started pointing out that they had noses, hands, toes, etc. A crazy feeling to know that we were finally a family of 7!
| LOVE!!! |
| I ordered these blankets and was so excited to finally use them! They were a big hit with all the nurses and definitely help everyone tell them apart and keep them nice and warm! |
No comments:
Post a Comment