Thursday, May 26, 2016
34 weeks!
I've made it to 34 weeks (and 1 day!)!! Woohoo! Let's get real though... I totally hit my wall last week. Definitely being reminded that just because something is good or a blessing doesn't always mean it is easy!
Let's start with the girls... they continue to do awesome! Today they measured: Baby A 5lbs 1oz and Baby B 5lbs 6oz. On every ultrasound they always pass with flying colors which I love. I have had 3 NST's (non stress tests every Monday). Those are not my favorite because I get nervous that they won't be able to find the heart rates ok. This past Monday, we found the heart rates just fine and they were monitored for about 30 minutes. When the nurse went to have the doctor check the readings, the doctor came in and said that baby A's heart rate would dip a little low every once in awhile. She wanted me to go to labor and delivery for more monitoring. I stopped by home real fast to get some snacks and my charger and headed to the hospital. They got me all hooked up to the monitors and even after a short time the nurse said that they both looked really good. I had to be monitored for about an hour and then wait for an ultrasound. Once again they looked good so after a call to my doc I got the go ahead to go home. My original appointment was at 10:45 and after all of that I got home at about 3pm. It seemed a little silly for all of that but definitely better safe than sorry. I am happy that everything was fine and I got to come home.
The big news is that I have a scheduled c-section date of JUNE 13th!! So unless they have plans to come sooner, they will come when I am 36 weeks 5 days. We also made the realization that June 13th is my grandma's birthday (who just passed away a couple of months ago). Definitely sweet for them to share a birthday with her.
Me on the other hand... that seems like a long ways away!! I am feeling very, very pregnant. I am huge, exhausted, hurt all over especially in my hips and pelvis, swollen all over, not sleeping well at all, hurts to walk and bend over, and get crazy heartburn unless I take medicine twice a day. I get Braxton Hicks contractions what feels like all the time which doesn't feel great. In my other pregnancies I would definitely get worn out a little or achy towards the end but I have never felt like this before, probably because I have never been this pregnant (size wise) before. I have some days where I just feel awful all day, yesterday was one of those! Days like those I wonder if these girls really will stay put, but at the same time I have no reason to think they will come early either. We'll see I guess. Steve and the kids are a huge help and make sure I do more sitting which is something I am really bad at on my own.
Even with how uncomfortable and difficult this is for me, I really feel so exceptionally blessed. I love being a part of the Mormon Multiples group on facebook and it allows me to hear so many different stories of others with multiples (which Steve gets very tired of hearing about!). There are so many that have dealt with infertility, loss, complications during pregnancy, long term bedrest or hospital stays, and so much more pain and discomfort than I have had. I feel so blessed that I haven't had to worry about any of these things in any of my pregnancies, especially this one that carries so much more risk. It may not be the easiest road ahead of us but I am so grateful that the road so far has been so much easier and better than it could have been (or than I expected for the most part!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment