Friday, December 30, 2016

December Fun!

Random pictures from around the house and some of our December fun.  We really wanted to squeeze in all of the Christmas time fun that we could this year!
Silly girl!  We discovered that Kaley and I are the only ones in our family that can roll our tongues.

I made a Christmas pillowcase for Preston 3 or 4 years ago and thought it was about time to make one for Abby and Kaley.  Love Christmas fabric that is on sale and that this project doesn't require much of it.  Fun to whip these up in one afternoon.  Top is Abby's, bottom is Kaley's.


Sometimes it pays to be one of the kids left home instead of going to school.  Watching some Tinkerbell with my girl with some homemade kettle corn.

We got hit with our first big snow storm on Friday, December 16th.  I had to take Abby to gymnastics that morning and this was the view, kind of scary.  Some counties closed schools or sent kids home early and I thought ours might do the same but they didn't.  Steve's work sent everyone home a little early because of road closures.  He came home and got right to work clearing drive ways right up until we had to leave to go to our ward Christmas party.



Kaley only lasts about 10 minutes outside before she gets too cold.  Those red cheeks!

 December 18th was our 12 year anniversary!!  This felt like a big one with the year that we have had.  We don't exchange gifts (we've never been able to afford it!) but we did want to do some celebrating.  We went to Red Robin for lunch, the first time we have gone to a real restaurant with all 7 of us (we have done Cafe Rio and Noodles and Company).  Thankfully we live in Idaho and there were tons of babies and kids and no one is phased by a big family and it went well and was delicious.  That night we arranged to have our favorite babysitter, Taisha, come.  We went to see Rogue One and had a great night.  During such a long time of unemployment and spending A LOT of time together I think it could easily cause problems in a marriage.  It didn't for us, we have grown stronger.  We honestly love each other more.  I am so grateful for a marriage that is built on trust, respect, support and where we know that we can rely on each other.  I'm not saying our marriage is perfect but I am glad that I have him to go through the ups and downs of life together.


 After the big snow storm Preston was begging to go play on and go sledding on the big snow pile in the church parking lot. We decided to go for it.  Snow stuff on all of the kids with the babies and I warm in the van.  Once again, Kaley only made it about 10 minutes before she hung out in the van too.  The Woods from down the street came too so the kids had a great time. We were there for about 2 hours!
Love that the only part of her winter gear that is new is the $.97 gloves, the rest used to be Abby's.


 I took all of the kids to the Museum of Idaho one day.  They are free during December and have tons of Christmas displays of nativities, Santa decorations, and gingerbread houses.  They also have their little Idaho kid section open.  Thankfully it really wasn't busy and the kids got to play for awhile.
 A new one for us this year was the Freeman Park Festival of Lights.  The park is all decorated with lights that you can just drive through with a quick stop to see Santa.  The lights were pretty and thankfully Santa was quick because it was freezing and I think it was just 5 degrees!



Sugar cookies with cookie cutters and frosting and sprinkles.  For Santa of course!

My babies are getting SO big!

No comments: