Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas Eve!

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve this year.  As weird and kind of sad it was to not be with either of our families for Christmas break at all, I will say that it was nice to just be at home.  No packing, planning, stressing... just being together, doing lots of fun Christmas things, and relaxing.  We planned to have a nice big meal on Christmas Eve and just have leftovers the next day.  Steve took Preston and Abby to see the movie "Sing" in the early afternoon which got them out of the house and gave me a chance to finish up some Christmas things and prepping dinner.  We had a nice ham, funeral potatoes, a sweet potato casserole and crescent rolls with a chocolate pie for dessert.  We had our dinner followed by some storytelling (we made up our own Christmas story about Pablo the polar bear, it was awesome!), watching some Mormon videos on the nativity, got cookies and milk ready for Santa, and got kids into bed.  They were so darn excited and it is the best part of Christmas.


Are you kidding me right now with this cuteness?!?

Our candle light dinner (mostly).  



This next picture wasn't taken on Christmas Eve but about a week earlier.  These are our Christmas pajamas that I MADE!  I got the idea in November to have matching ones and to make them myself.  I found cute Christmas flannel on sale at Joann's and got plain shirts to go with at Walmart.  It was adventure since I have never made pants before and I couldn't have them try it on during the process.  The kids ones were pretty easy but mine were much harder.  They are definitely not perfect but they turned out so cute.  We usually give the kiddos new pj's on Christmas Eve but decided to give these to them about a week early to make sure they fit (and have time to come up with a back up plan if they didn't!).  They fit the kids great and they were all so excited!  Steve requested a pair of pajama shorts because he gets really hot in flannel pants.  His turned out pretty cute too.  We all wore them for Christmas Eve and I loved it!

Watching nativity clips.

We didn't have any carrots so corn flakes it was!

Abby wrote a note to Santa to make sure that he saw the cookies on the table.  It was so sweet!

No comments: