Thursday, August 12, 2010

D-Backs Game!

As an aside: For a couple hours today my blog wasn't working and was saying that it had been removed. It totally scared me and I freaked out thinking I had lost everything and I realized how much I love my blog. I'm not sure that many people read it or even care about what I put on but it really has become a journal of sorts for me. I don't always gush my every thought or feeling but I love to document what our little family is up even if it's not super exciting, but at the same time it's who we are! Thank goodness that nothing bad happened to it!!

Last weekend we headed up to Phoenix to spend some time with my parents and go to a Diamondbacks game. We always have a great time when we go up there and the cloudy, rainy weather made it even better! Steve and I were able to head to the temple early Saturday morning, thanks to Preston's grandparents that love to babysit him. We're so grateful that they are able to watch him so that we can take advantage of the blessings of the temple. It was definitely what I needed! We hung out until the afternoon and Steve and I headed to the game. We don't think Preston's quite ready for a pro baseball game quite yet and we didn't want to spend the money only to have to take turns with him instead of actually watching the game.

We went to this game specifically because they were retiring the number of Steve's favorite D-Backs player, Luis Gonzalez. It was a sold out game and was really busy but they had a really nice ceremony in honor of him before the game started. We thought for sure the D-Backs would lose since they have been so horrible this year but somehow they managed to hit a game winning home run in the bottom of the ninth inning. It made it that much better!


Preston had a lot of fun with his Grandma and Grandpa and he just LOVES their backyard and the toys! Preston was helping Grandpa clean the toys!



I love this picture of him on the fish. It was the first time that he's really started to rock on it and he was starting to get a little crazy on it. Check out his feet in the air, we thought he was going to fall backwards!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog :) And I LOVE that new pictures of you guys at the top of your blog. What a beautiful family!

Chelle said...

OH man.. I wanted to go to that game so bad. Dang!! Thats awesome you guys were there! Cute pics! I am glad I have a new blog to read!!