Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another project...

We've been working hard to make Preston's room more of a big boy room and finished what I think was a really cute project. I've always loved his name sign that we made for his nursery, that looked like this... (hanging on the wall)

But it was time for an update. So for a total of I think 8 bucks, we turned it into this. I love it.


It does bug us that since both the letters and the wall are both white they blend in. We're not going to be painting the walls here since it's a rental, so I'm thinking of painting the letters a light blue to match his comforter... we'll see. We even hung up some of the license plates that we had in our guest room in Tucson (that's what's reflecting in the picture). I think they're really cute! Next step: curtains, that I'm sewing... yikes!!

As far as the big boy bed, Preston's done a lot better than we anticipated! We haven't needed the bed rail because he sleeps in the corner and would have to roll really far to fall off, so we took it back. He does pretty good at night, sometimes getting up 1 or 2 times after we lay him down, but we just put him back and he's fine. He's been getting up about once every night at different times, but will just go right back to sleep if we put him back in his bed. The past couple nights it's almost as if he's sleep walking because he's not even really awake when he comes into our room. Nap times are are hit or miss, but most days he does well. There are some days where he just decides he doesn't want to nap, but that happened with his crib too, so it's nothing new. I'm very proud of him for sleeping in his big boy bed and proud of us too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh that is Such a cute Idea!!! I may have to steal it. I keep looking for run things to so in Little Donnie's Room when he comes :)