Friday, October 12, 2012

A new temple...


Last weekend was General Conference.  I always look forward to the words of the prophet and apostles.  I'll be honest, conference weekend is so different with these two kiddos around.  We have it on the entire time but I can't tell you how many talks I was able to really listen to.  We are all about re-watching or reading the talks again... it's the only way I can really soak in the information.

Conference got off to an exciting start with the announcement of a temple that is going to be built in Tucson, AZ!!  So exciting!  I feel like I've been thinking a lot about temples with the sealing we got to attend.  We are very blessed to have one here in Idaho Falls that is exactly 13 minutes away.  Steve and I don't get to go together because we don't have a babysitter, but it is close enough that one of us can go really easily.  I know we can do better about going more often, but we are trying.  When we lived in Tucson we had to drive to the Mesa temple, a 2 hour drive, and once we had Preston we would have to drive to Glendale first to have my parents babysit and then drive the 45 minutes to the temple.  I know that there are so many that live so far from a temple and sacrifice so much to make it to one, so I'm not trying to sound like I'm complaining... but going to the temple for us was an all day thing.

What a blessing to those who live in Tucson to have a temple there, and such a blessing to everyone who lives south of Tucson that had to travel to the Mesa temple or the Gila Valley temple (about the same distance from where we were.)  When the announcement was made I got so excited and felt like we were still there.  Who knows if we'll ever live in Tucson again, but my heart was with everyone there and their excitement.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Me too! I literally screamed out loud. Haha. We are so excited for those still there. We are hoping to be able to go to the open house or better yet the dedication! Maybe there could be a Tucson reunion in a few years...