Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Festivities...

I need to post about Halloween before the kids and I take off for AZ on Friday.  We have had lots of Halloween fun and for some reason all of the festivities were this week: Trick or Treat Street, trick or treating  at some offices, Trunk or Treat, Halloween story time at the library, and Boo at the Zoo.  My kiddos have pretty much lived in their costumes this week, which has been so much fun.  Here's some pictures of the fun.

The candy corn dress... I got it in my head that I wanted to make Abby's costume this year.  I didn't know what I wanted to make, but after googling some ideas I found a super cute candy corn dress on sale on etsy for $50.  I decided to go for it and try make it, without any tutorial or anything and just a picture to follow.  This is the first time I've ever made an article of clothing and I did a lot of new things: making my own pattern  and measurements, using shiny costume material, gathering fabric, making ruffles, and sewing with tulle.  It was a little tricky but a fun project to make.  I am THRILLED with how it turned out and she looked absolutely adorable... especially with candy corn hat topper and her matching candy bag.

Trunk or Treat 

Fantastic Fuzzy - the Fantastic Sams mascot dressed up as Batman for Halloween.  I made the eye mask and logo.  Who would have ever thought I would sew an eye mask and Batman logo for a giant neon bear, mascot thing, lol!


The finished candy corn dress!!

Trunk or Treat


 Boo at the Zoo

We marched the kids in the costume contest.  Our little miss won the 2nd place!!  She got a little bag of candy and Halloween socks.



Check out their big muscles!  And Steve's awesome red  hair!

No comments: