Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Critters...

We headed to the zoo today for their Christmas event, and the only time they are open during the winter.  It was exactly 23 degrees when we got there so we were just a little bundled up.  The kids weren't great and Abby had a complete meltdown, I think because her hands got too cold, but it was fun to get out of the house, have some hot chocolate, walk around and see some animals (although neither of my kids seem all that interested in the animals, lol.)



Preston was WAY more interested in the little bit of snow and ice than the animals, silly kid.

He carried this big chunk of snow through half of the zoo because wanted to throw it over this fence  into a little stream below.
Santa was even there and Preston willingly sat on his lap!!  That is a huge accomplishment for him.  He always likes to see Santa but from far away, he never wants anything to do with sitting on his lap.  Today it was completely Preston's idea to go see him and sit on his lap.  Abby wasn't thrilled with the idea but I knew that would happen since this was at the end of our outing and she was done with the whole thing.

Of course the one and only picture of Preston smiling on Santa's lap, I caught him blinking!!
I promise that I put gloves on Abby but they kept falling off and she didn't like them at all.

All the presents are wrapped, cards mailed, and goodies handed out... now we just have tomorrow to pack and get ready and then we are on our way to AZ (well first Vegas for the night) on Saturday.  Pretty excited to spend Christmas with my family and be all together for part of it.  Preston has already packed some of his toys, so he's excited too!  Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments: