Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mothers' Day...

I had a wonderful Mothers Day this year.  (no pictures to document but that's ok).  Earlier in the week Preston gave me his gift he made at preschool, a potted flower with his footprints on the side in the shape of a butterfly and a card with a picture he drew of me.  Not going to lie, I got a little choked up when he gave it to me, I loved it!  We kind of counted our little trip as part of Mother's Day so no big gifts, but Steve still surprised me with flowers, a bottle of Dr. Pepper (he knows me so well!), and a cd.  He even woke up with the kids and made me Rhoads cinnamon rolls which are my favorite.  We had a great day going to church and then drove down to Pocatello to spend time with Steve's mom and some extended family.  It was a great day!

I definitely felt loved and appreciated this Mother's Day and I loved the opportunity to reflect on this big role that I play.  I feel like lately I've been blessed with a lot of those moments that remind me of how much I love being a mommy and that this is what I always wanted to be when I grew up.  In the midst of the craziness I get those precious moments... sitting in church together, reading books before bedtime, cuddles and hugs, or comforting them when they're upset or hurt.  I'm sometimes still surprised and it feels weird that I'm the mom! As I've heard others say, and I'm sure there is a quote somewhere, this is the hardest job I've ever had but it brings me so much joy and happiness.  I know there are some women that don't want to let motherhood define who they are, but motherhood is a huge part of who I am and this part of my life, it definitely plays a big part in defining who I am and I love that.  I really feel so blessed to be given these two special little spirits!

No comments: