Sunday, September 8, 2013

Garage Sale!

For the past couple of months I've been planning on having a garage sale.  We finally had a Saturday that Steve wasn't working so he could help me do it.  That was yesterday!  We've had a lot of things we've been storing in our basement that we finally decided to get rid of.  It was a lot of work to get everything together, sorted, cleaned, and priced.  We had to wake up bright (or should I say dark) and early to get our signs out and everything out.  The weather had forecasted 30% chance of storms and the weather has been all over the place lately that we had no idea what to expect.  The weather was actually gorgeous and even stayed that way which we were really surprised about it.  We even set up our stuff closer to the garage with the cars moved just in case it started to rain and we would have to move it inside the garage.  The sale was from 8am-2pm but I had several people and a few customers before it was even 8.  I was pleasantly surprised at how many people came and I also loved how friendly everyone was.  We didn't sell everything but we did sell a lot.  I have a handful of things I'm still going to try to sell and a couple of boxes to take to goodwill, but overall I think it was a success and the extra money is nice!  Happy it's over though!


No comments: