Sunday, September 8, 2013

Preston's first day!

This past Wednesday was Preston's first day of preschool!  He is going to Red Apple Preschool with Mrs. Jeanne as his teacher. He goes Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9-11:20.  I was decided between a couple of preschools but this one is only a few minutes away, and although she does it out of her house she has been doing this for about 30 years and knows her stuff.  I felt confident that Preston will get the attention he needs and will learn what he needs to.  Preston is sometimes finicky with new situations so I never know how he'll react but I was so glad that he was SO excited for his first day and was ready to go 45 minutes early.  He told me that he had a great first day and was excited that he got to go back 2 days later.  I really think I was more nervous than he was... I'm already dreading dropping him off for kindergarten next year.  I also think it's funny that at the beginning of summer I'm overwhelmed with no school for 3 months (no breaks from Preston) but then found myself sad that I don't get to spend all day with my little buddy.  I miss him when he's gone!

This picture won't turn for some reason, but here's our summer fun checklist now that summer's over.  I loved having this list and it was fun adding the different fun things we had done to it and crossing them off.  Helped us take full advantage of summer and keep busy.  We really had a great summer!
  

No comments: