That's right, the adults in our family will officially be outnumbered around July 21st of this year! Yep, we must be crazy! We got to break the news to Steve's family in person on our visit to Norfolk, Nebraska (a post on that to follow!). It was definitely fun to see their reactions and see how excited they all were. We told my parents by putting a little picture of a stork on the due date on their customized calendar I make for them every year. It was fun to be able to sneak that in there and then get an excited phone call when they received it. So now it's official and everyone knows, which makes it even more real for us.
That makes me about 12 weeks along, so how am I feeling? ...awful. I was barely sick with the other two that I've been caught off guard with how sick I've been feeling. I haven't thrown up but I pretty much don't feel good everyday with it being worse in the evenings and I'm absolutely exhausted. Eating is a chore with nothing sounding good at all and needing to eat frequently to avoid feeling sicker. I know that many have it much worse and it's all very much worth it so I try not to complain too much.
As soon as Abby was born we had always said that we wouldn't even think about #3 until Preston was in school (kindergarten) so it came as quite a surprise when both Steve and I felt prompted, each on our own at the end of spring, early summer, that we should think about a baby. That wasn't in our plans for right now but we weren't going to ignore the promptings we felt. We really feel as though this baby is the result of us responding to inspiration and answered prayers. This is further proof to us that there is timing in all things, even if we don't always understand it. So we have a baby on the way with Steve starting a new job (today!) and with the possibility of him finding a different job and moving... we apparently like to have a lot of change at once. We are thrilled about this new little one even though the thought of 3 kids seems quite overwhelming and we are so excited to see Preston be a big brother again and for Abby to be a big sister. We already have so much to look forward to in 2014!!

No comments:
Post a Comment