I can't believe we're already nearing the end of March, crazy! Two weeks of March was consumed by sick kids: Preston just one night of vomit and Abby a really bad fever and cold and then vomit and tummy troubles for about a week. Preston was fine the next day but poor Abby really felt awful for 2 weeks. We laid low and got nothing done but that seems to be the case with sick kiddos.
One highlight this month was two weekends ago when Steve's parents had to fly to Salt Lake for a funeral. They were able to drive up to Idaho to see lots of family which was great for them. Friday (March 7th) we drove down to Pocatello and had dinner with them and Grandma Chandler and Lisa and Zach and then all headed over to the Chandler's to see more aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was a fun night. Late Saturday, John and Elaine drove up to our house to hang out with us. We got to have a relaxing Sunday with them and let the kids stay up to spend more time with them. We had to say goodbye Monday morning which is never fun. It was a super quick trip for them but so nice to be able to see them. They are already planning a trip out here over Memorial Day with Angie and Tyson and Preston already has a countdown chart for it and has made a list of fun things to do while they are here. (he's just a little excited... and a little impatient).
I'll be 23 weeks along in a couple days and have been feeling pretty good. I think I'm in that good place in the middle of pregnancy where the beginning sickness is over but I'm not so huge and uncomfortable yet. Still pretty tired but that's ok. I've now consumed my time with trying to re-decorate our family room. We've had the same black and cherry decor pretty much the whole time we've been married and a lot of the items for over 5 years. We're definitely ready for a new look. I've been able to sell some of our decor items through facebook yard sale sites and am slowly acquiring new things. I have to restrain myself from going out and buying everything at once so it will be a work in progress for a little while (as long as it's done before baby!). I also have MANY things that I'd like to paint or refinish. Unfortunately I can't be spray painting in the garage/outside when it's still in the 40's and super windy. Hoping the weather will get better quick so I can get these projects done before I'm too huge! Fun stuff though!
Last piece of coolness... we were at a furniture store this week because they were having a big sale and we're hoping to get new couches in the near future (9 years, 2 kids, and dogs are a lot on couches!) and we entered a drawing for a new 50" tv, blu-ray player, and sound bar. And we won!!! Seriously how cool is that?!? We actually don't need or have room for these things so we're trying to figure out if we're going to try to sell them or what. Still awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment