I have been going project crazy lately!! I think I'm in that sweet spot of pregnancy where I'm feeling good and not too huge and uncomfortable yet. I have my official to do list of everything I want to get done before baby and I'm ready to get it all done NOW! So I think I've mentioned that we're re-decorating our family room. It's coming along but still needing some things. Here are some projects for that and some other random projects.
So I was able to buy 2 super old windows from a lady for $20. Windows are so cute and a big thing on pinterest right now so I was excited to come across some and do something with them. This is the first one, a large rectangle that had a million layers of chipping paint, nails, and metal strips. It was an adventure but I love how it came out! I have refinished the 2nd one but hoping to get some vinyl cut and put on it.
New entry way table. Furniture is expensive and even a basic entry way table can cost like $200. So I jumped on this table made out of pallets for $50. This is the before pic except I had already sanded it a bunch. This wood was ROUGH and I got many splinters. I painted this table a cream color and roughed up the edges a little but. I really liked how it looked until we brought it inside and it was right next to our white walls (the biggest thing I hate about renting is white walls!!). It completely blended in and looked like the same exact color. I was so bummed. I decided to try a new technique for me. I bought a small can of a medium brown wood stain, just brushed it on quickly and then wiped it off. It covered the cream color and game it a nice richness and depth with a brushed look to it. I'm really happy with the results. We just added the baskets and it's the perfect spot for our library books as apposed to the random bag on the floor. Really glad that table is done though since it turned into a lot more work than I thought.
Our new gallery wall for our family pictures. I love, love how this turned out instead of just all the same black frames.
Flannel blankets for baby girl. I sewed these up real quick and excited for her to have some brand new blankets.
New nursing cover. The boning in my old one was all worn out and if I am going to be using something so much than I really want to like it. I already had this fabric and love the yellow and grey combo.
I made this W about 6 months ago for Super Saturday and have been meaning to do something with it. So I got to work during conference. It only took about an hour or hour and a half and I love it. It is my "not a holiday door hanging."
We have the family room to finish and I just finished re-doing my bathroom. Next up, the kids' rooms! The nursery needs just a little refresher in the decor department and we have big plans for Preston and Abby to be in the same room. I just went to Lowes today and got all of my supplies for my next big project: painting Preston's (laminate!!) dresser, and if it goes well I will be painting one we have for Abby to use too. Wish me luck!
1 comment:
GREAT projects! i love them all!! SOOO lucky you got those windows. i am super jealous!!!
Post a Comment