Christma-versary is our annual tradition of celebrating our anniversary and our own little Christmas. We are going to Arizona for Christmas so we wanted to open the few Christmas presents from us and from Steve's family before hand. The kids were so so excited and it was a long time until dinner when we had told them we would be doing this. We had our traditional dinner of ham roll-ups, funeral potatoes, rolls, and fresh pineapple for the kids with peppermint ice cream for dessert. Then it was present time. Steve and I didn't exchange gifts but we still wanted to give something to the kids so we did the idea that has been all over pinterest and that is to give something they need, want, wear and read. We ended up loving this guideline and will be doing it every year! Preston didn't love getting new jeans but it's something he really needed and we were able to get Abby a new, really warm coat and snow pants (her snow pants were size 18 months and about 4 inches too short!) (oh, and I love, love when I hit the amazing sales at Children's Place!). They both got some great things and Steve, Kaley, and I got some things from Steve's family.

 |
| Abby's reaction to everything was "That's exactly what I wanted!" |
 |
| When we were in Nebraska for Thanksgiving Tyson said that Preston could have a big blue truck and trailer. So nice of Tyson but we said we couldn't take it home on the plane. To Preston's surprise he got it for Christmas from Tyson. He just kept saying "I knew it!" |
 |
| Kaley was starting to get fussy, hence the lack of clothes, but she got to "open" her first present. The shiny wrapping paper was fascinating! |
 |
| Abby's "to wear" an apron of her own. I whipped this up Friday night in about 2 hours and it turned out really cute (and all I had to buy was the ribbon for just over a dollar!). Her poor face on the other hand was a disaster. She was so sick all day Saturday with a bad cold. Her eyes were watery and red and she just kept rubbing her face and wiping/blowing her nose. I felt so bad for her! |
 |
| The aftermath! |
 |
| Me and my sweet girl! |
Part two of Christma-versary was the next morning with our stockings filled and Christmas pj's for the kids. Jingle, our elf, brought this stuff early since we will be gone for Christmas. Nothing fancy, just some of our favorite snacks and treats and the pj's I got for $5 (yay for Children's Place again!) and they are so warm and comfy. Kaley's are a hand me down from Abby but super cute on her! We had a super yummy breakfast of caramel monkey bread, bacon and eggs. We had a great day just playing, watching some Christmas movies, and relaxing. The boys went to church and the girls stayed home because of Abby's cold. The kids spent the rest of the day in their new pj's.
No comments:
Post a Comment