Last Saturday, April 25th was my 10k race called the Heart & Sole of Rigby. I was very, very nervous leading up to this 6.2 mile race. I felt really unprepared and had had some really bad runs causing some coughing and throat issues. I just determined that I was going to just suffer through this race and just try to finish. Race morning came and of course it was a cold, cloudy, and windy day (even though we had really nice weather just a few days before!). I drove myself the 20 minutes to Rigby and Steve and the kids made their way a little later to be there in time for me to finish. It was cold!! But the running itself went pretty well, even if it felt kind of hard and long (especially in the middle), but I finished strong and loved my little cheering section! I finished in 1:02:31 which is my slowest 10k time but I felt the most unprepared for this race and was able to keep a steady pace so that I didn't get burnt out in the beginning, so overall I am happy with my time.
The kids were freezing in the wind but we had to wait awhile for Preston's big race! He did a kids' traverse which was a 1/4 mile obstacle course. He was excited that he got a race shirt and medal just like me and had a lot of fun! (He's already worn his race shirt to school twice and brought his medal in for show and tell, cute boy!)
We were all freezing by the time we were all done and headed home for hot showers, comfy clothes and watching movies the rest of the day. It was great! Bonus: I wasn't even that sore from my race which was impressive since that's the longest I've run since my half marathon almost 2 years ago!

No comments:
Post a Comment